Interior light plug and socket.

Paynewright

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi,

I’m going to install a third rocker style interior light (daughter has complained her brother has one and she doesnt!).

I’m pretty sure the wiring plug part number is 3B0972703. I wondered if anyone knows whether there is an equivalent socket?

What I’d like to do is make a mini loom to go between two of the lights (1 existing and 1 new one) that I can just plug the van loom into so everything is easily reversible.

Option 2 is to get some new 1.5mm connectors, cut the ones off the van loom, crimp on new ones with an extra wire on each to feed the new light.

Plan to stick festoon LED replacements in while I’m at it (not the circuit board type).

On a related matter - does anyone know the spec of the cable for interior lights? Pretty thin stuff.

Any other help / suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ian

Hi,

I’m going to install a third rocker style interior light (daughter has complained her brother has one and she doesnt!).

I’m pretty sure the wiring plug part number is 3B0972703. I wondered if anyone knows whether there is an equivalent socket?

What I’d like to do is make a mini loom to go between two of the lights (1 existing and 1 new one) that I can just plug the van loom into so everything is easily reversible.

Option 2 is to get some new 1.5mm connectors, cut the ones off the van loom, crimp on new ones with an extra wire on each to feed the new light.

Plan to stick festoon LED replacements in while I’m at it (not the circuit board type).

On a related matter - does anyone know the spec of the cable for interior lights? Pretty thin stuff.

Any other help / suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ian
@Pauly supplied me with a loom for this. If he doesn’t have any more possibly he will know the part numbers.

Back