Black-colour sun-visors, console and grab handles

They are red, ignore @JOG as he says they are pink. Cheeky sod!

i saw them on AliExpress yesterday although mine are from Customvanz.

Mate that’s awesome - thank you so much ! I was really perplexed at VW as I thought I’d seen ! Thanks again really appreciated

For your perusal...

Notice the notch on show at the top of the passenger side handle, as I mentioned, this is a flipped round drivers handle (couldn't find, or they don't make a passenger handle in black). And a pic showing which tabs to remove if you do end up flipping a drivers side over.

20210223_083308.jpg

20210223_083259.jpg

20210223_083434.jpg

20210223_184954.jpg

20210223_174905.jpg

20210223_174659.jpg

Hi folks, part way through a systematic interiors upgrade (ie from a van to something a bit more plush)

one thing I assumed was a given and more fool me was the a pillar grab handles to be available in a dark grey or black colour!

vW have said they don’t do them. Equally so the seat belt top caps. Anyone had any joy in finding alternatives or success in painting or wrapping these? My a pillar and headlining etc are all in the middle of becoming dark grey alcantara.

The seat belt caps are also available in black but they are £26 each from a guy on ebay.
They're a doddle to remove and paint, (pic of mine below) I'd save your money but here's the link to them anyway.

20210223_175042.jpg

Hi @Texxaco how did you do your sunvisors black?
My Mrs is going to cover mine in fake suede with her sewing machine skills unless you tell me there's a better way...

I sprayed them with black Plastikote super Gloss, they end up being semi gloss.

I like them and I can easily cleaned dirt mits off them unlike suede. That the only reason mine aren’t suede like my A pillars.

@Gazbadge @Texxaco looking good!

Once my van comes back from convertors I'm thinking about setting about the cab.

If you don't mind, how do you go about getting such good finish with the alcatara around the a pillar tweeter? Cheers

@Gazbadge @Texxaco looking good!

Once my van comes back from convertors I'm thinking about setting about the cab.

If you don't mind, how do you go about getting such good finish with the alcatara around the a pillar tweeter? Cheers
I bought mine from Retro Retrims see link below matey.

Retro Retrims

Saves a tonne of work

Evening All,

In the process of my T6.1 combi self build and have held off changing the cabin roof lining as struggled to find black roof/switch console etc.

Happy to spray most things but I’d rather not spray switches as they have the small
Images on.

Any help appreciated on if there’s an OEM part for switches and what people have done for visors.

Thanks

David

Your starter for 10 David - take a look here...

Your starter for 10 David - take a look here...
Thanks Bav.

All fairly self explanatory, not sure where the black SOS panel is from.

What’s the easiest option for black sun visors?

Thanks

David

For thread completeness…

The airbag indicator button thingy is 5C5919234 from a new Beetle

The Info / SOS thingy buttons is 5GM035624 from a Porsche

The ceiling grab handle is 6N0857607T

The A Pillar Grab Handles are 7H08586379B9 and 7H08586389B9 and the black handle caps are 7H08576279B9

Note, the N/S A Pillar Grab handle has a slightly different profile and will require slight modification. Some have used the RH handle upside down as it has the correct profile, has the correct orientation etc. only down side is the little cut out used to remove the cap is visible on top! This option is my preferred option.

Sun visor covers are available from >> Here << (that’s the Velcro option) they also do a stitch on option

and this is what it looks like once done
3EB975DA-C9E5-4BC6-BC1F-25D5A10A2988.jpeg
6AFE8520-EC29-48CE-8BC8-06685067B9F7.jpeg
1FE5AC9C-BA16-4A7A-BF05-775CA123A5E6.jpeg

Hope that helps?

Hello, I have a new Transporter T6.1 and the A and B pillars plus the roof lining have been covered in Alcantara making the grab handles and sun visor fixings look odd as they are light grey.

Does anyone know if you can get these in Black or if any other VAG handles will fit?

Ideally I want A Pillar Fixed Handles both sides, Passenger Roof Handle that opens out and Seat Belt top covers x 2.

Your starter for 10...

Your starter for 10...

Thank you, that gives me something to start with :)

Reactions: Bav
Back