Intercooler upgrade

Maebb5087

Hi guys, I have T6 2016 tdi 140 remapped by rev to 170ish. Engine type CAAC. My standard inter cooler just popped and so id like to upgrade to give it some more grunt if possible, I have been looking at the Wagners, but wondered what everyone thought as its a bit pricey, please let me know what's the deal on intercoolers guys, what's the one to go with. thanks Mike

Hi guys, looking for some help please, my van 2016 T6 T32 TDI 140pbh 4 motion with Revo 170ish BHP. My intercooler died today and so I was looking at new intercoolers and saw its worth an upgrade, but now stuck with what one to choose, Wagner looked sweet. Is there one that. really does the. job for my engine size type, mapping ? thanks guys

Last edited:
Interesting, reminds me of a company I used to keep in touch with, Allisport. They make upgraded intercoolers for a few makes mainly Land rover. I helped them develop the Discovery TD5 intercooler upgrade by being the Donor vehicle when the TD5 first came out In 2000, Andrew the owner, was always keen to investigate new products.
As I have a 204 there is no intercooler across the front, so not something I have pursued but I did think recently that they would be a good option.

We’ve fitted an upgraded intercooler for a customer before but can’t remember the make - I will take a look. Wagner are good quality and you will pay for what you get to be fair. We are a Wagner dealer if you what en to get a price for you. And check with forge and another couple of people we use for our performance side.

Back