Adrian Flux

Flux are and always have been a bunch of robbing barstewards keep well away from them.

had a bad experience with them on my previous van where they put me down as making a claim that never happened and wouldn’t remove it so I had a claim on my insurance for the next 5 years that I never made.

Never had a issue with Adrian flux always insured my kitcars through them and minis, they came back quoting best for the t6 I got an agreed value listed all the mods sent in loads pictures for them to file, when I wanted to change my reg over couple months into policy they just did it no charge, and in reality the insurance was a great price

Just seen this & Adrian Flux was the cheapest for me £800 everywhere else was £1200+:eek:. Haven't got any NCB even though I've been driving for over 42yrs. The last 15years driving my partners Motability car as the only driver. As the vehicle is owned by Motability Operations Ltd you will not accrue any personal no-claims bonus. Any personal no-claims history held before joining the Scheme may no longer be accepted by insurers if you leave the Scheme. Some insurance companies may honour previous personal no claims history, but this is usually only for a period of up to 2 or 3 years.
So i had to start from new :cry: as everybody who i rang said doesn't matter driving a motability car & that was the price.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Having just bought my T30 Shuttle Bus and needing the insurance, went back to LV Liverpool and Victoria. As I had my Moho with them on a joint policy with my wife's car. Her insurance is due June, and so they piggy backed mine on, for £72 until June. Quoted £325 from June for the next year.
OK like for like as in your goodly selves. 72 yrs, driver over 21 years but actually 51. NCB 9 years ( really 12) but only show unto 9 years. No accidents or convictions. Then the real shocker, included wife aged 7?
I'm her to toy boy:cool: PLUS son aged 50 and daughter aged 48. That's 4 named drivers. Oh! that includes NCB protection.
£350 voluntary excess and £250 compulsory, with £90 windscreen excess. Only stipulation is must be 2 seats. Am still working on that so a 3 seater at the moment, having removed the middle and back rows. Anybody looking for a full interior, seats, walls, floor etc.
Nationwide BS Flex account covers any driver driving and car registered to me with National Breakdown ( including EU )
How does that compare with others?

I thought I'd give anyone who's looking for insurance the heads up what these clowns did to me.

I applied online through compare the market and got a quote I was happy with. Continued and paid by credit card. Received insurance documents with a few errors on e.g Van was down as a manual and its a DSG and a few other minor things. Got this sorted no problem. Later that day received an email saying to contact them.

I phoned them up and they said their system isn't pulling any confirmation that the van had an alarm/immobilizer. I told them its factory standard on the highline and I could prove it. They said the information I provided, i.e full vehicle spec and VW website brochure wasn't suffice and I'd need a Thatcham certificate for them to continue with the policy.

I couldn't get hold of a certificate so they bumped up my online quote by £250. Of course I told them where they can stick there insurance but on cancelling I had to pay the arrangement fee of £43. A massive scam considering the policy hadn't even started.

Since then been on to Brentacre who I can highly recommend and every person I spoke to there was a genuine help.

On a positive note as of tomorrow afternoon, team blackberry has another member.
I had my T5 bitdi 4motion insured with Adrian Fluxf for six months. When i sold it, I kept the policy live and had 3 months without a vehicle before I found a very clean T6 150hp shuttle which was probably worth about £3-4k more. The insurance went from £390 per year (after a massive haggle) to £1500! I asked for a surrender value and they actually gave me £5.90 back!! Both Brentacre and Admiral could insure the van with minor mods for £300. In my experience BEWARE OF ADRIAN FLUX!!

Hmm.. I've literally just completed their online form, thankfully I've just read this page of mixed reviews.
Lets see what they come back to me with.

You'll probably find that they come in with a reasonable price. Just make sure every detail is spot on. I think they make their big money if you need to change anything mid term. Because they are basically insurance brokers they will blame any increases on the actual insurance company and of course there is no way to check this.
Again, this is from my own experience.

Had Adrian Flux with a wheelchair accessible vehicle - had to claim due to a no fault accident driver drove off. Had an extra premium to provide a curtesy car in event of a claim. Bloody curtesy car was a Corsa how the hell can you get a full time wheelchair user in that. Their reply "we will give you £25 a day sort it out yourself" Bye Bye Adrian

LV seem pretty good. 2 years no claims - company car changing insurers 2 years ago so all I could get confirmed and £290 with additional driver upping the voluntary to £500. Even accepted a change from garaged to drive, if needed with no additional cost. Started quote on comparison site it that helps anyone.

Back