Insurance Quote

JAT69

I phoned A Plan today for a quote after speaking to Dan at Busfest. My (hopefully) soon to be bought T6 150 Highline Camper with use as a main vehicle and a value of £38K came out at £480ish or £430 if I join the Caravan Club. I'm pleasantly surprised seeing as my 2011 T5 van is £350, this is my first quote but I must say Jessica,who I spoke to, couldn't have been more helpful so a big thumbs up to A Plan. Also thanks to everyone who recommended them. Cheers.

Try Brentacre, I have a 66 plate highline 150 with loads of aftermarket extras and they were £470 or £490 with legal cover. The reason i used them was that they cover the add ons like for like for example my front lower splitter was around a grand supplied, painted and fitted and the wolfrace wheels were a few quid also and i feel better for the old "piece of mind" scenario.

My renewal with Aviva from a broker was £455 fully comp for me this year, so went direct to Aviva and they quoted £162.00 so guess what I did..

Just had a quote from AF - T32 204 highline, personal and business use for 3 people all 34 yrs+ will be adding wheels front and back spoiler and b14's, £1600!

I've just insured (comprehensive plus legal, with 90 days EU cover) my 2016 T6 Start line newly converted camper (plus alloys) for £250.00, it would have £20 cheaper, if I'd known it had a factory alarm beforehand.

I used a company called Staveley Motorhomes, which I found through the Go compare Motorhome website. As a camping and Caravan Club member, I get a discount. Their own insurance was almost £600 for similar cover. I went for 10,000 miles too, to be on the safe side!

brand new van t32 150 dsg quoted 270 Aviva they were the cheapest and that's business and personal use, 30 quid extra for legal protection ...

Hope this might help someone, or even loads of you.....you don't need to purchase legal protection apparently. There's an online company called Freemotorlegal which you can find if you google it which explains exactly why it's a bit of a waste of money via an insurer. They offer a free alternative, but you may have guessed that from the name!

£350 for me. 204. 20,000 miles per year. Via Brentacre. Good advice CR will check that out next time around.

I assume all these reasonable figures are on the basis of full ncb on the van.......with full no claims on my Audi, starting the van from scratch for business and personal use means £1000.
How I manage to drive both vehicles at once still beats me.

This must be the trouble I have Vinci. I'm struggling to work out why my quotes are so different to those stated on here.

I recently moved from Stoke to cornwall and when I changed my details with aviva it went from £47 per month down to £18 per month:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: only downside is the house I sold in Stoke for 230k fetches 450k down here so it may take a few years of saving before we move out of the tent:(

Hope this might help someone, or even loads of you.....you don't need to purchase legal protection apparently. There's an online company called Freemotorlegal which you can find if you google it which explains exactly why it's a bit of a waste of money via an insurer. They offer a free alternative, but you may have guessed that from the name!

You can buy after the event legal protection so no point buying it before as you may never need it.

I have seen these polices for sale at circa £1 so Looking at the company you mention what they are essentially giving you is £1 and in return they make money from providing you with hire car, storage and recovery and potentially a personal injury claim - nobody does anything for free. All of this is only applicable for Non Fault claims - after all you cant claim for hire and PI in accident caused by yourself.

If you have half a brain if any of you have an accident thats not your fault then youd message me and let me sort it out for you ;)

Last edited:
Its all about quoting criteria, I am not the type of driver Pukka typically insure so my quote with my own company was ridiculous despite 0 claims or convictions and ncb. Im whats classed as a Vanilla risk and in order for me to be profitable they need to insure alot of me. The risk with Vanilla is that even if you have no points or claims you can still have an accident and so one claim for £40k can wipe of the profit of hundreds of policies.

Its all about quoting criteria, I am not the type of driver Pukka typically insure so my quote with my own company was ridiculous despite 0 claims or convictions and ncb. Im whats classed as a Vanilla risk and in order for me to be profitable they need to insure alot of me. The risk with Vanilla is that even if you have no points or claims you can still have an accident and so one claim for £40k can wipe of the profit of hundreds of policies.
Interesting, I've never really thought of it like that, but it makes sense.

A friend of mine went to insure his skoda superb estate...was getting a figure of 900 quid. He has a few points from leaving the scene of an accident without leaving details - handbrake failure, he didn't see the damage, or the cctv camera. Anyway, conviction and points so he is a raspberry ripple risk.

He put me down as a named driver and 150 quid came off the quote immediately. And I am a good risk based on claims history.

Back