Insurance Problems

Shaun O'Keefe

Just completed my T6, I've kept it as a panel van due to work but have added SCA panoramic roof and slidepod, finished off with spoiler and BBS SV alloys. Happy with the dual purpose options only downside is when I phoned Direct Line to inform them of the changes they cancelled my insurance saying they couldn't insure it as a commercial vehicle due to the roof conversion, even though I stated I need to sleep away with work. I've since got reinsured with Axa but I had to say it was a campervan, really annoying as it's not, there is no fixed table or seating or bed in the back and it's still a panel van. Has anyone else done this or am I unique?

Just completed my T6, I've kept it as a panel van due to work but have added SCA panoramic roof and slidepod, finished off with spoiler and BBS SV alloys. Happy with the dual purpose options only downside is when I phoned Direct Line to inform them of the changes they cancelled my insurance saying they couldn't insure it as a commercial vehicle due to the roof conversion, even though I stated I need to sleep away with work. I've since got reinsured with Axa but I had to say it was a campervan, really annoying as it's not, there is no fixed table or seating or bed in the back and it's still a panel van. Has anyone else done this or am I unique?
May be worth discussing with @PukkaT6 seeing as he is in insurance?

Back