Insurance For A Camper Registered To A Limited Company

MickW

VIP Member
Hi I have a 16 reg Converted T6 each year I struggle to get it insured other than Brentacre others are competitive until I state that the van is in our Ltd co name (just two director me and wifey)
I’m retired and wifey heading that way but for vat reasons we ideally want to leave the van in the company name until she retires
Mick W

Hello, I think you might have to look into having this as a company car.. HMRC I don't think will let you get away with having claimed the vat / tax back on a non commercial vehicle... My accountant said that I was lucky as I was self-employed and could claim back a percentage minus personal miles. A ltd company vehicle I believe can't make any personal mileage... also check you don't get fingered for Benefit in Kind. Always worth checking out. Have a word with your accountant as I may have got this all wrong.. I know I had to order a t32 for instance....

Thanks for the reply, the van was purchased as a van inside the Ltd co in the 16/17 tax year we then had it converted.
We run it as a company vehicle and to date all appears well, our accountant is cautious so I’m not that worried but I agree that we could have some issues if we got inspected.
I’m looking into options a bit more but have a feeling that we should buy it and simply charge mileage.
Thanks for your input.
Mick w

Back