Insurance Company recommendations

I've been using Brentacre for years... Can't fault them.
Any mods.. Just call them, and no hassle. I did loads to my past t5's - lowered, alloys, seats, windows, DVD players etc,
Only when I mapped my t5 to 180bhp did they increase the premium and that only went up £60!!

Just renewed with Brentacre £480 full no claims £350 excess 'commercial cover' on a 180 highline kombi,
HERTS said they couldnt come close to that as its used for work!

Its only gone up £75 since i had my old 'modified' T5 with them last year !

I've gone with Adrian Flux.

We sold our T 5 this week and decided to get another motor as a run around for the winter while we convert our T6. The run around might end up being a keeper. I only have one NCD and Mrs VB hasn't had her own insurance for quite a few years. I would have liked a multicar but it seems like that doesn't work with a camper and a car.

So AF gave me good rates with a discount for having 2 policies with them. The T6 works out at about £360 with protected NCD as a Camper in Conversion for up to a year. Once it's done they will do agreed value for £15.

Another bonus for he is that it is 365 day Europe wide. Our current insurers gave 90 days but then I read the tiny words and that was only 30 days in a single trip. As we plan to be away for up to 56 days next year that wasn't going to work.

I would say, after spending quite a lot of time on the phone and getting fed up with being given the run around by insurance brokers AF were good. The lad took in what I was telling him and then rang back after 20 minutes with A decent enough quote.

BTW anyone good with 2ltr auto TD4 Landy Freelanders - the aforementioned run around I have acquired without any manuals or service history :rolleyes:

Just renewed with Brentacre £480 full no claims £350 excess 'commercial cover' on a 180 highline kombi,
HERTS said they couldnt come close to that as its used for work!

Its only gone up £75 since i had my old 'modified' T5 with them last year !

What's classed as commercial cover ?

Worms Can Opened, Insurnace companies are as questionable as the latest choise of Americas presidents hair peice! Thanks @Polzeylad I found it. unfortunately not a good pricing for me. Amazed at how many insurnace companies dont have the option to select the new Transporter Euro 6 Engines. Oh so Limited.

Worms Can Opened, Insurnace companies are as questionable as the latest choise of Americas presidents hair peice! Thanks @Polzeylad I found it. unfortunately not a good pricing for me. Amazed at how many insurnace companies dont have the option to select the new Transporter Euro 6 Engines. Oh so Limited.
When I got my "free" 7 days insurance through VW, it took almost an hour to get the cover. And they had nowhere near our model so it was covered as a California 180 - a model that had been out of production for almost a year!!

But with Comfort (sorry to hear they were no good for you) stuck in my details, had a quote within two minutes and it was done and dusted within five. I did have to ask her to repeat the quote though - it seemed too cheap!

Other than the high purchase price, VW vans seem pretty cheap to run.
Our Subaru is the opposite; bought for under £6k but fuel, servicing (£465 yesterday...!), insurance and RFL are rather scary... But it's reliable, it's not a diesel and it's a hoot to fling around country lanes.

@Polzeylad I have ended up with an ok price from Brentacre at £440 but allows any change cosmetic under the sun and allows a year to convert to a camper, after which they wont insure you again if you dont do the changes, which seems fair. But before i go through with it I now need to see if my planned mods will class as a camper. Plan was to use standard equipment floor rails and Carvelle seat and build a pod to attach to it with fitted table, but there i am unsure it will pass as the guidelines advise. will go and ask advise on another thread....
However as a van, and ironically changing my profession from a mechanical engineer to Chartered engineer (which I am) I am now getting quotes of £350... bonus! who would have thoght it varied so much. my my. tisk

What a tiresome business obtaining van insurance for my new Volkswagen Transporter Kombi T30 Highline SWB 2.0TDI 150PS EU6 BMT 6-speed manual, plus what a big difference in cost and service. Van value £35,000, 10,000pa miles, insured for me 48 & wife 37, 9+ years NCB

Here's my findings:

VW £738, spoke with Liam, good customer services

Adrian Flux £650, spoke with Ryan, Ok customer services

A Plan £550, spoke with David & Paul, terrible customer service, very rude both of them! Any vehicle over £35,000 requires a Tracker

Brentacre, £549.99, spoke with Bobby late afternoon, when we finished after painful Q& A, I said I'd like to go ahead. Sorry its 17:32, we'll have to call you back tomorrow!

Direct Line t. 0345 301 2882, £294.36, spoke with Julian, what a breath of fresh air, pleasant, great customer services and because Breantacre wanted to administrate in the morning it did me a favour, thank you Brentacre!

Unfortunately, I called them in that order, so if you are looking for van insurance, reverse my list, good luck guys!

What a tiresome business obtaining van insurance for my new Volkswagen Transporter Kombi T30 Highline SWB 2.0TDI 150PS EU6 BMT 6-speed manual, plus what a big difference in cost and service. Van value £35,000, 10,000pa miles, insured for me 48 & wife 37, 9+ years NCB

Here's my findings:

A Plan £550, spoke with David & Paul, terrible customer service, very rude both of them! Any vehicle over £35,000 requires a Tracker

Brentacre, £549.99, spoke with Bobby late afternoon, when we finished after painful Q& A, I said I'd like to go ahead. Sorry its 17:32, we'll have to call you back tomorrow!

Direct Line t. 0345 301 2882, £294.36, spoke with Julian, what a breath of fresh air, pleasant, great customer services and because Breantacre wanted to administrate in the morning it did me a favour, thank you Brentacre!

Unfortunately, I called them in that order, so if you are looking for van insurance, reverse my list, good luck guys!
That's an amazing difference in prices! Nice one from Direct Line.

Just curious, people insured by Brentacre, who actually underwrites your policy? It should say on insirance certificate.

Here's my findings:

I've just gone onto Directline at renewal..... very good price and includes full camper conversion and all mods

Just had a quote from AF - T32 204 highline, personal and business use for 3 people all 34 yrs+ will be adding wheels front and back spoiler and b14's, £1600!

Back