Insurance Abroad Problem.. (business Use) Word Of Warning!

BIgben

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So, I've had my T6 combi for about 14 months now.
From the outset I've had the van insured by Brentacre. They seem/ed very competent from the off.
Now when I got the original quote I was clear with what I wanted. Social domestic and business use with European use also.
Every time I went abroad I would phone them before and they would mark down how many days I'd been abroad, they'd ask which countries I would visit also. I had also idly chatted sometimes bemoaning that the trips weren't always fun as sometimes they were for work. Nothing was ever flagged with the policy.
Now last week I was travelling to Southern Ireland and I phoned up as usual to tell them I was going across and the guy asked me business or pleasure.
No problem I thought, I'm working there I said, (as I had said offhand many times before). Oh, we don't cover you abroad for business use he said..
After a lot of too-ing and fro-ing the guy said that is definitely the case and their insurer categorically will not insure for business use abroad??
So I was left with simple 3rd party insurance for the trip without the time or office opening hours available for me to get cover!
Anyone have any direction to go with this? I do feel duped but perhaps I was just being green?
I'll have to look around before the next trip but the most bitter pill will be having to pay a cancellation fee to cancel an insurance policy that I feel has been mis sold to me.

Back