Steve H

Excited Member
T6 Pro
Currently halfway through some soundproofing on the left hand side of the van, but having a mind wrestle regarding the rear lower quarter area.

There are several plastic wiring boxes attached in that area which could be controllers of some sort, and I'm loathe to stuff Dodo insulation down there if heat dissipation is an issue. The side wall fibreboard also has a large holed area around there when fitted back, too.

What's the considered opinion on whether it's safe to use insulation down there or not..?fullsizeoutput_29e2.jpeg

Not an answer, but I'm in the middle of doing mine and while I was sat in the van yesterday in the pouring rain, I spotted water leaking in through two of the rivnuts used to hold the sliding door rail on, and a couple of leaks that must be from the roof rail bolts up above, one above the drivers door and one at the left rear. I wouldn't have spotted any of these if I'd either not taken the headlining off or had the ply lining off for so long so check before covering them over permanently.

The two boxes on the bracket are control modules for power latching on your side door and tailgate
They are glorified relays and simply reverse the polarity to the latching motor when the door is opening/closing, they only energise for approx 2 seconds so nowhere near long enough to generate any heat or dissipation to be a consideration

I have done mine with dynamat and dodo themo fleese . I did not cover any of the boxes as i managed to get it all behind them neatly.

20181026_121456.jpg

Back