Insulating Advice

Ewan

After some advice for what type of insulation people would recommend, I've had lots of different advice and everyone seems to say something different.
Fibre Glass, Kingspan (or similar) foam boards or Thinsulex Multifoil?
What's the Pros and Cons of each?

Along the same lines, can I ask if anyone has coated the inside of their van with a spray on load liner before fitting insulation, load liner spray to my mind would make a very good vapour barrier.

Insulation is a personal thing.

some people install a vapour barrier, some don't

pros and cons for both

I when for sound deadening, followed by a reflective 10mm closed cell on the sound deadening, then i insulated my panels with a 4mm reflective closed cell.

in theory it gives me an air cavity between the outer van shell and interior panels, which is what i learnt from drafting houses.

So i when with it.

I’ve just used bubble double foil backed stuck to outer shell then 100mm recycled plastic bottle insulation in the gap then lined the back of each Vw panel board with 6mm self adhesive closed cell foam. Over rear windows double bubble (same stuff) with 6mm closed cell on top boarded over then it’ll be carpeted

Floor single bubble, 10mm dodo mat on top then floor. This is in between batons. Not done this bit yet

Back