Instrument Cluster Won’t Switch Off

KennyW

VIP Member
2A5F485F-FB98-465D-9EC8-3FAFBE37025B.jpegCC61D68F-ACC4-41D4-A2BD-634D84DD6BF0.jpegAs stated in the title. When key is taken out of ignition my cluster stays on, all warning lights come on and beeps 3 times. Vehicle won’t lock. If I remove fuse 35 everything works as it should. Fuse 35 relates to cluster circuit. If I put the fuse back in same faults occur.

I have 3 fault Codes: 12656896, 12648704, 12669184. All three have the same description of: Function Restricted due to Missing Message.

If I clear fault codes with fuse removed they don’t return, if I clear fault codes with fuse in they return immediately.

Can anyone expand on this to help me narrow the search for root cause?

Thx Kenny

Faulty switch in the ignition key barrel ?
Try wiggling the key as you remove it ?

Pete

Faulty switch in the ignition key barrel ?
Try wiggling the key as you remove it ?

Pete
Tried that, also disconnected the ignition switch to see if the cluster would switch off. no joy. I wish it was this as it’s an easy fix.

tried this:

can you post a VCDS module scan?

have you checked EVERY fuse?

tried this:

I don’t have access to a print out, and yes I have checked all the fuses. Unless there are others hidden away. I took a video to show what happens, but don’t seem to be a le to upload videos.

tried this:

I have also just disconnectes the battery as article your posted suggested, so lets find out if that changes anything…

I’m certainly no expert but could it be a stuck relay?

Could well be, but dunno how I would test for that.
IF it is supplied from a relay pull it out and see if goes off and then test the relay with a meter. Just pointing out that I don’t know if there is a relay, I haven’t seen the wiring diagram.

Back