Installed THQ V3 Headlights with HID and LED

smilie121

VCDS User
T6 Pro
Just wanted to share and shout out

I fitted a set of THQ V3 about 3 weeks ago - so far very happy with aesthetics and light output.

I installed a H7 HID kit to the protectors after doing some homework on this forum and installed the latest LED light to the reflectors. The light output versus puny halogen is night and day (no pun intended).

Anyone considering the upgrade I must vouch for:

1 - THQ's service and products (spent a lot with them actually).
2 - The ease of install was not difficult and easy to follow youtube video.

Slight moan is the DRL is not the absolute best as you can see the individual LED. But offset is a great looking upgrade and considerable light output at night.

Happy pappy here. Photos are on the peninsula of Kilcreggan

20200924_130806 1920.jpg

20200924_130733 1920.jpg

Is that the LED bulbs that they say are for offroad only?

No i bought a set off amazon.

But i guess yeah they will state for off road as well.

Nobody flashed me yet.

Meant to say. Installation of HID was straight forward (have done a few so cable back n for is obvious to me now). The LED light was not so easy to install in the reflector housing however. I have big hands and the opening is on the small side. Can be done though.

I installed a H7 HID kit to the protectors after doing some homework on this forum and installed the latest LED light to the reflectors.
I'm a bit confused by this. Which bulbs are which? Are the THQ LED H7s not as good for the dipped beam as HIDs, and which LED did you put in the main beam, as they don't list them on THQ?

Sad to hear the LEDs in the DRL are still visible, as that's the main reason to go for these, for me. Will have to see a van with them to assess it, I think

The unit came with THQ standard halogens as I didnt want the ones they were supplying

I installed a 55watt HID with canbus kit from amazon (into the projectors - H7's)

The LEDs go into the reflectors (H1's)

With these filters on the LED so no warning lights

not sure if links would be permitted

@smilie121 thanks for the links - they are positively encouraged here :)

What was it about the LED H7 option at THQ that you didn't like?

I had the leds from thq and recently had my mot with zero issues.

lights the street up bloody well without blinding oncoming traffic

Had these fitted with the upgraded H7 LED bullbs and upgraded OSRAM H1 laser NB, well impressed compared to the old OEM heads.

Few questions the fitters seems to have a fair amount of trouble fitting these along with THQ side repeaters, both are meant to be plug and play, it sounds like that added inline resistors and coded out the errors from the side repeaters, not sure this is a good thing?

Also not sure about the quality of the install see photos would appreciate feedback. Would it be best to tape up that one chop block? Seems like one the cables has a clip hanging off it, not sure where that was/is meant to go?54A753BC-7837-4E0B-94D7-266092848A17.jpeg0B362BE0-0F51-43D1-A729-1E61F66AAB24.jpeg36FCE2EB-06F0-4B5E-94B9-75555F8A2CDA.jpeg890359BC-98D7-4A9C-AFAD-432F9B05788E.jpeg

@smilie121 Thanks for the heads up on the filters. I’ve ordered some H1 LED bulbs for my THQ headlights so hoping this gives a full plug and play solution

The unit came with THQ standard halogens as I didnt want the ones they were supplying

I installed a 55watt HID with canbus kit from amazon (into the projectors - H7's)

The LEDs go into the reflectors (H1's)

With these filters on the LED so no warning lights

not sure if links would be permitted
Hello @smilie121
Not sure if you are still active, i hope you can help me, I bought the bulbs and the decoders you recommended for the H1 LED bulb replacement in THQ V3 lights, how do I wire up the decoder, I’m struggling.

I can get the LED lights to work, but I still get dash bulb error lights …

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Just wanted to share and shout out

I fitted a set of THQ V3 about 3 weeks ago - so far very happy with aesthetics and light output.

I installed a H7 HID kit to the protectors after doing some homework on this forum and installed the latest LED light to the reflectors. The light output versus puny halogen is night and day (no pun intended).

Anyone considering the upgrade I must vouch for:

1 - THQ's service and products (spent a lot with them actually).
2 - The ease of install was not difficult and easy to follow youtube video.

Slight moan is the DRL is not the absolute best as you can see the individual LED. But offset is a great looking upgrade and considerable light output at night.

Happy pappy here. Photos are on the peninsula of Kilcreggan

View attachment 87635

View attachment 87636
Hi, sorry to drag up an old post, when fitting the LEDs did you remove the metal bracket in the headlight?

Back