'Inspection 30 days'

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just popped up on the dash display.

Can anyone tell me what this entails? Presumably it is just a visual inspection?

My van is out of warranty so I'm tempted just to reset the system if that's the case.

Thanks.

Is it basically giving a countdown to a major service? The message just popped up on mine today!

Hi Guys,
Mine has done the same, giving a countdown by days to an 'inspection'. We have recently purchased the van and i have the VW invoice for the last service only 4 months and 5000Km ago. It is supposed to be a long service interval (which they love here in Germany), so dont really understand why this notice would come up.

cheers

Hi Guys,
Mine has done the same, giving a countdown by days to an 'inspection'. We have recently purchased the van and i have the VW invoice for the last service only 4 months and 5000Km ago. It is supposed to be a long service interval (which they love here in Germany), so dont really understand why this notice would come up.

cheers
Mine was serviced by VW a month ago and my `Inspection due` is popping up too!

Mine is down to 14 days Inspection Due. Useless, but nevertheless a prompt. In this case also it coincides with the service last year. Now at 23000 mls, going in for service end of this week.

Reactions: CAB
So I have done some sleuthing on this issue, been on VW website and looking at the online servicing of my own van.
Seems this 'Inspection' service, is a full check of all parts of the vehicle, basically everything other than an oil change, and the oil change service is simply just that.
Interestingly reading peoples reports on here, and seeing my own MFD notification come up, the two services schedules are not necessarily in sync in any way.
My van had an oil change service just before i bought it, about 4 months and 5000 km ago but the 'inspection' service notification is coming up now.
When I look at the service info for my van I see it had the 'inspection' service at 35,000 (ish) km and again at about 63000 km. Where it had brakes done, DSG oil change, 4 motion coupling and a few other bits and pieces - (so they are basically like minor and major services). Not sure if this is simply common knowledge but i am very new to T6 ownership, coming from the T4.
The thing i dont get though is the intervals between each 'inspection' 1st was at 35000km, 2nd at about 28000 km later, and the one it wants now, is about 16000 km after the second (79000 km total).
My question is (if anyone knows), do the 'inspection' services, get closer together as the van gets older? or should they really be at roughly the same distance apart (time/mileage wise)?

The thing i dont get though is the intervals between each 'inspection' 1st was at 35000km, 2nd at about 28000 km later, and the one it wants now, is about 16000 km after the second (79000 km total).
1st at 2 years, then once a year - or maximum of 40000km between inspections - whichever comes first.

Back