MIB2 PQ Discover Media - Infotainment mods, upgrade, FEC / SWaP

A little bit of update.
I can have 00060400 - Performance Monitor/ Sport HMI activated, going quick and easy way, for €180 = £160.
Actually activation of all my available FECs would cost the same, €180 = £160.
30000 - USB
40100 - Navigation
50000 - Bluetooth
60100 - Vehicle Interface
60200 - Car-Net
60300 - Mirror-link /App-Connect
60800 - Apple Car Play
60900 - Android Auto
70200 - Voice Control
70400 - Electronic amplifier for driver
9400008 - Map of Europe
60400 - Performance Monitor/ Sport HMI
7400004 - Map ???
8400002 - Map ???
9400003 - Map ???

But before I go ahead with Performance Monitor I need to figure out how Vehicle Interface works on T6.
This might be quite big challenge since all VAG vehicles with such a feature have dedicated button (CAR) above (MENU) on its front face.
My one has (TRAFFIC) and as confirmed by @mmi there are also units with (APP) in that place.
Let's hope for the best:thumbsup:

Reactions: mmi
Slighty off the topic but falls into the category of possible add-ons.

The challenge - proximity alerts on T6 Discover Media?

The head unit gladly accepts POI's with or without associated proximity data and shows the POI's on the map but no alerts though.

View attachment 52460

I can tick the box and move the slider but they clear themselves as soon as I exit from this subpage :(.

However in the internet there are indications that Discover Pro (installed on some other VAG platforms) would/could do the proximity alerts on your own POI's - anyone?
Did you try that? Jump to 1m24s.

Did you try that? Jump to 1m24s.

Thanks! I had all the boxes ticked. As said on the Youtube at 1m58s - it should...:(
NAV_POI_announcements_a.jpg
Actually I'm not sure if that works even on Discover Pro. Even an enthusiastic dealer was not sure if the proximity alert works on any VW vehicle.

There are not many hits on this by google. One claimed success on VW Discover Media was done through now non-existing web-page.
Attached a copy from ---> Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras Forums-viewtopic-Golf MK7
View attachment 54240

upload_2019-11-11_22-15-10.png
upload_2019-11-11_21-52-38.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-07-18%2Bat%2B9.59.09.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2017-07-18%2Bat%2B10.00.08.png
The above a kind of suggests that the process done through the web-page possibly added a proper modifier which was interpreted by the navigator.

I have tried quite a few variants of Garmin's format which has a definite modifier for proximity alerts but still no joy. Somewhere was suggested to include in the name of the file string "speedcam", etc... o_O

Thanks! I had all the boxes ticked. As said on the Youtube at 1m58s - it should...:(
View attachment 54229
Actually I'm not sure if that works even on Discover Pro. Even an enthusiastic dealer was not sure if the proximity alert works on any VW vehicle.

There are not many hits on this by google. One claimed success on VW Discover Media was done through now non-existing web-page.
Attached a copy from ---> Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras Forums-viewtopic-Golf MK7
View attachment 54240

View attachment 54238
View attachment 54230

View attachment 54243
View attachment 54246
The above a kind of suggests that the process done through the web-page possibly added a proper modifier which was interpreted by the navigator.

I have tried quite a few variants of Garmin's format which has a definite modifier for proximity alerts but still no joy. Somewhere was suggested to include in the name of the file string "speedcam", etc... o_O
I just tried to upload the POIs and all seems to be working correctly :thumbsup:

I just tried to upload the POIs and all seems to be working correctly :thumbsup:
Yes - but still curious if the proximity alert actually works on the road. It didn't work for me :( - the symbols are on map but no audio alert.

I will manually add local point to the list, upload it again and perform test drive.

That's awesome @Robert what method did you use you to unlock/enable in the end? Stealers or alternative (VAS etc.)?

So you have the following:

40100 - Navigation
9400008 - Map of Europe
50000 - Bluetooth
30000 - USB

I am still curious what this FEC does ----> 60100 - Vehicle Interface (I have it on my active list)
Also I have available for activation this one ---> 60400 - Performance Monitor/ Sport HMI
Does this mean that we could display vehicle data, like Golf/Passat?

View attachment 52334

View attachment 52339

View attachment 52337

Another little bit of update.

Vehicle Interface requires minimum of SWaP code activation.:unsure:

vw-golf-mk7-uk-8.jpg

Performance Monitor also requires minimum of SWaP code activation.:unsure:

volkswagen_golf_gti_clubsport___paddy_mcgrath___050.png

But Off-road Information Interface doesn't require SWaP code activation and can be activated with VCDS.:thumbsup:

YY0Zjot.jpg

But the question is how to display all of these MQB features on PQ25 platform:whistle:

Of course mate I will share with my experience but it is still work in progress. Number one challenge is missing CAR button and this makes the access to that menu quite tricky.
Once I put everything together I will try to post simple(hopefully) how to guide.:thumbsup:
Please don't forget this is PQ35 infotainment unit on PQ25 platform and we are trying to access and display stuff designed for MQB platform.:eek:

Last edited:
Who else has 60100 - Vehicle Interface on their installed code list?

Back