Changed in addition to previous trials only this one:
Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-compass_0x15– change to active
Now OFFROAD in main menu!
:grin bounce:

EDIT:
The recap :cool:
ENG122227-ENG117566-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass - active
ENG122229-ENG117732-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-compass_0x15 - active

only issue is, I can’t get back into any of these screens unless I activate/deactivate hybrid adaption channel. Even if I select OFF-ROAD from menu, there’s no menu icon at the bottom LHS
10408511-1366-4F6C-AD91-2BF609430730.jpeg

CCE24CC7-E9B7-43B1-B9DA-5DC17F864DDC.jpeg

ECF9A5ED-EFC6-4943-9E4C-5759C912FA1D.jpeg

FAFA6F74-FDD8-4E7D-873D-7F25E3B32BC2.jpeg

F7E07B80-031E-49B7-BE4E-4276846E3D44.jpeg

AB734CC2-281A-4A52-9C08-2C650AA080B8.jpeg

Indeed, before the breakthrough startup screen after IGN ON was "Power flow" (even though Hybrid not active) but had to go "Settings" and Back to get the Offroad display. There was no way to get back on Offroad display after leaving except IGN OFF/ON.

Interesting detail is that the three dials could be scrolled up/down to change their content.
EDIT - added a picture to clarify. Note: interestingly this functionality is not available in "stable" Offroad display (see my post further down).
Hybrid - Off_Road - Selection_by_swiping_1b.jpg

The settings available then were:
Before_offroad_main_menu_SETTINGS.jpg

But time and date was empty:
Before_offroad_main_menu_settings_TIME.jpg

Also got menu showing units - but that didn't work - was just "read-only".
Before_offroad_main_menu_settings_UNITS.jpg

The interesting one was the menu with dials to change volume and tone of front/back parking sensors individually. All the dials actually worked and changed the tones and volumes :confused: - so how to make that work...again...
Before_offroad_main_menu_settings_PARKING.jpg

So all these features/pecualirities were there before the final breakthrough! None of them any more - at least under offroad settings.

Last edited:
@mmi yes but now no way of accessing the menu at all now I deactivated HYBRID, I still have and always have had the OFFROAD option in the menu but when selected there's nothing other than the settings for OFFROAD to select

Interesting discovery for me, I followed the steps to enable the offroad menu it didn't work for me also, however what I found was every time I restarted my headunit (10 secs hold) mine started up in school run mode!? This was following pressing any of the Nav/Radio etc. buttons. Then I could easily select offroad from the bottom left "selection" menu.

What I found was after I changed my HMI skin back to the default this method didn't work, it only seemed to work with the sport skin after enabling hybrid once more.

So at the moment this is what I have:

OFFROAD in Main Menu.
OFFROAD_MAIN_MENU_1a.jpg

The View:
OFFROAD_VIEW_1a.jpg

The settings:
OFFROAD_SETTINGS_SUBMENU_1a.jpg
However, the oil temp doesn't show on the dial for me. The "60100 Vehicle Interface" code in my unit is neither installed nor supported (---> <Link> ). Though interestingly the steering angle is active in the view, the data for the other two certainly could be "more local" just in the Infotainment unit itself.

Actual Oil Temp above 90C:
OFFROAD_NO_OIL_TEMP_90C_1a.jpg

Last edited:
So at the moment this is what I have:

OFFROAD in Main Menu.
View attachment 58411

The View:
View attachment 58412

The settings:
View attachment 58413
However, the oil temp doesn't show on the dial for me. The "60100 Vehicle Interface" code in my unit is neither installed nor supported (---> <Link> ). Though interestingly the steering angle is active in the view, the data for the other two certainly could be "more local" just in the Infotainment unit itself.

Actual Oil Temp above 90C:
View attachment 58414
Just been out to mine and it's the same. But, my engine is cold and if you look at the oil temp on the MFD that is reading --- too. So my guess is that you have to wait for the oil temp to reach a certain threshold before it registers a reading. I have to nip out later so I'll report back with a warm engine.

Just been out to mine and it's the same. But, my engine is cold and if you look at the oil temp on the MFD that is reading --- too. So my guess is that you have to wait for the oil temp to reach a certain threshold before it registers a reading. I have to nip out later so I'll report back with a warm engine.
EDIT:
Correct, IC reads oil temperature over 50°C only so I would expect infotainment to do the same.;)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mmi
Presuming that offroad settings are only available if you have the menu option? So no oil temp for me, for now :unsure:
I am going to propose my full theory later on but so far I am convinced that you need revision D or higher to be able to have OFFROAD menu entry in the main menu and then oil temperature comes with it by default.:)

Last edited:
Yes it is correct that the oil temp displays at 50°C, same as the IC

Maybe the SW could be updated to activate the menu?

EDIT:
Correct, IC reads oil temperature over 50°C only so I would expect infotainment to do the same.;)
My oil temp reached 90°C as confirmed by the MFD but no temperature was shown on the head unit. :thumbsdown:

Sorry mate, I haven't replied to your earlier question.
This was done with EOBD2 dongle communicating via Bluetooth with my phone which was connected to infotainment USB and running Torque app via MirrorLink.;):thumbsup:

Hey Robert oh maestro,

Slightly off topic guys, sorry but how did you get torque running on mirrorlink, doesnt show up as an app in my Sammy S10+ but did read somewhere you need to enable video in motion too?

Last edited:
Apologies @Robert for another slightly off topic but as I'm sure here are users of Ross-Tech HEX-USB+CAN or Micro-CAN interface hence a question:

Could someone confirm that now discontinued Ross-Tech HEX-USB+CAN or Micro-CAN interfaces can access T6 BCM (module 09) when ignition is OFF (no keys in the lock) and van unlocked.

Thanks.

I am going to propose my full theory later on but so far I am convinced that you need revision D or higher to be able to have OFFROAD menu entry in the main menu and then oil temperature comes with it by default.:)
To be more specific you need version 04XX to have(or to be able to activate) OFFROAD in the main menu:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Although I cannot use offroad easily its still a cool function to see and well done on the discovery.
Regarding the mirrorlink, I did try a couple of different Android phones one running version 6 the other 8 and it just wouldn't play ball.

Back