Indel BI41 Top Loading Fridge Freezer

pdug175

I've searched a few threads and noticed a few users have this fridge. I have one in my Van and I've been away all weekend and noticed that even on the 'lowest cooling' setting, that the majority of the stuff in there ended up freezing. Its apparent that the right side of the unit is the freezer part with the ice forming on this part of the inside - with the left being slightly warmer. I'm wondering if the thermostat is incorrectly fitted or there is perhaps another setting around the side of the fridge which is inaccessible to also alter the temperature?

The spec sheet says it will operate between -10oc to +10oc. I had to resort to turning the fridge off for half of the day to raise the temperature.

Also, does your fridge have a light when you open the door? No light with mine.

I've searched a few threads and noticed a few users have this fridge. I have one in my Van and I've been away all weekend and noticed that even on the 'lowest cooling' setting, that the majority of the stuff in there ended up freezing. Its apparent that the right side of the unit is the freezer part with the ice forming on this part of the inside - with the left being slightly warmer. I'm wondering if the thermostat is incorrectly fitted or there is perhaps another setting around the side of the fridge which is inaccessible to also alter the temperature?

The spec sheet says it will operate between -10oc to +10oc. I had to resort to turning the fridge off for half of the day to raise the temperature.

Also, does your fridge have a light when you open the door? No light with mine.
I’ve just started using my BI41 and have noticed the same. I’ve barely got it turned on now, to stave off the frost.

Ice forms on the right for me, too.
And no light here, either.

Thanks for that Ads. In reality I don't need the freezer part so with hindsight I'd rather just have a fridge. Might make something to shutter off the left side of the fridge so my beers, bacon and milk don't freeze again!

Back