Increasing The Comfort

Mbarter

Hi, I have a T32 which I have had for around 4 years. After about a year I wanted a more stylish look so I put some H&R lowering springs on it and some 18 inch VW Dakars. I like the look but I am getting sick of the poor ride quality. It has even got me looking at SUVs!

I am based in the North West. Can anyone recommend a setup for premium comfort and a place not too far away that could help?

Within reason price isn't really an issue, I just want to love my van again.

You need long suspension travel to suck up the lumps and bumps.

It's a trade off, comfort vs looks & handling.

It may be time to try the OEM suspension again? (The good balance for comfort and road handling) .

Maybe go to your local VW dealer and book a test drive of any T6 with Standard suspension to compare it with yours....

I think you will be surprised.

Get Vanstyle or THQ to fit B14s to make the ride less crash, bang, wallop and a set of beefier H&R anti roll bars if you want it to go round corners like a mid size car.

I've only got the Bilstein B14s on our camper at the moment but compared to the original springs and shock absorbers the ride height is now borderline sexy and the suspension massively more composed and predictable, I'm going to get the chunkier ARBs at some point though as now the ride quality has restored driver confidence I want to carry all of that newly found speed through the corners ie. don't lift at all even if the kettle does then fall off the hob.

Please don't give up on your T6 by getting an adult pram.

Hi, I have a T32 which I have had for around 4 years. After about a year I wanted a more stylish look so I put some H&R lowering springs on it and some 18 inch VW Dakars. I like the look but I am getting sick of the poor ride quality. It has even got me looking at SUVs!

I am based in the North West. Can anyone recommend a setup for premium comfort and a place not too far away that could help?

Within reason price isn't really an issue, I just want to love my van again.

I had the H&R lowering springs fitted (50mm) 7 months and like you, loved the van but didn't love driving it. The ride was awful on mine. (Standard 17" wheels).

I went to B14's & H&R ARBs and 19" wheels. The key being I have not wound them all the way down, they are adjusted for maximum travel but without looking like it's on stilts. I still have a fair way to go before they are at their lowest. ( Mine is a camper).

I can still get under 2m height barriers with my Reimo roof & autotolls in France.

The ride is now very car like for a van, stable and firm, but much more refined. So much so my Mrs says it was one of the best things I have done to the van.

Not sure where you are but can recommend having them fitted. :thumbsup:

I've just fitted bilstein Comfort dampers, "green" and eibach Comfort. 1 springs to my 2019 T30 kombi, around 40mm drop, on 17 inch kombi edition wheels and Michelin latitude Cross tyres.
Very pleased our roads are rubbish and the OE set up was worse, now really good.

Back