In desperate need for help! Adblue tank cover keeps getting ripped off

William Cameron

Hi All, first time posting but I am in need of some help. I recently got a T6 and it's been amazing thus far, until the snow fell a few weeks ago. In that period the snow got compacted between the adblue tank and the protective cover underneath it, partially ripping it off. The mechanic fitted a new one, and then a few days ago that was partially ripped off, he reattached it with zip ties and then today it was completely ripped off again!

It is pretty potholy around where we drive, but I don't know if that's whats causing it. I haven't heard much happen while I've been driving so I'm not sure when it's happening or whats causing it. It's expensive to buy a new one again, so I am looking for any experience or alternative suggestions. It's left some wires bear underneath, so something has to be done about it ASAP

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi and welcome.
This is strange indeed. The only thing like this we have heard off is a member whose undertray was incorrectly moulded and had a protrusion hanging down that could catch.

Can you take us some photos so we can see what yours looks like?

Hi Loz, thanks for getting back to me. The second time it was fitted it did look a little low, but as it has happened with two separate under trays I imagine it's not a moulding issue. I will take photos when it's light and get back to you

Have you also counted out thieves looking for catalytic converters to steal?

I hadn't thought of that, no. It would make some sense as we also had out spare wheel stolen a little while ago
VW Have skimped big time with the design of the adblue tank lining. It is put kindly feeble garbage. My main agent has divulged that they sell LOADS when there has been heavy rain. As I have mentioned also. three off the lining fixings are attached to the plastic adblue tank and the tank is damaged if the lining is ripped off by deep water. Superlative design (NOT)

Back