Impact Wrench

Just realised I'm using one now....

So though I'd post a few pics...

20200630_103623.jpg20200630_103533.jpg20200630_103526.jpg

This is the smaller one that I use for work.... doing some 17mm girder work.

I keep the big one at home for the wheel bolts and stuff.

Bloody Hell, have you seen the price now, £150+ talk about supply and demand!!!!! Nothing between DeWalt and Makita so which is best?
Its personal preference.

I was team yellow years ago, now I'm team blue.

I prefer team blue...

And there goes an hour of my time looking for an impact driver I didn't know I wanted until I read the thread!!!! Thanks guys :eek:
Everything in my box is also Team Blue, but clearly there is always room for one more.......

I'm still trying to justify getting an impact driver, haven't got a need for one, just a want, sadly an impact wrench is even harder to justify
Oh, bloody hell. I've been doing it wrong then! I wouldn't have half the stuff I've got if you had to have a need for it!!!
I've always worked on the theory that if it makes my life a bit easier, then I need it!
Go on, you're worth it.!

here an airtool as I already had a compressor around. Downside is the logistics :)

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
for balance . . Heres the daddy.

shes a beast and very heavy . . . (but gets the job done if you know what i mean)

i keep this one for Auto stuff, like wheels and other mega tuff stuff like exhaust and suspension. . . . . .

1593548106539.png

1593548091768.png

1593548078148.png

When I got the dcf899, I took the opportunity to upgrade my drill and impact driver which provided me a couple of batteries and a charger which I then use with the ugga dugga..and also the angle grinder I bought recently....it was more of an outlay at the start, but did get a decent bunch of tools.

Basically which ever brand you go for, consider what other bits you might want to buy in the future and check the costs and availability..I kinda like dewalt do quite a diverse range of kit....next on my wishlist is the chainsaw!

When I got the dcf899, I took the opportunity to upgrade my drill and impact driver which provided me a couple of batteries and a charger which I then use with the ugga dugga..and also the angle grinder I bought recently....it was more of an outlay at the start, but did get a decent bunch of tools.

Basically which ever brand you go for, consider what other bits you might want to buy in the future and check the costs and availability..I kinda like dewalt do quite a diverse range of kit....next on my wishlist is the chainsaw!
Wise words

My only advise would be if your going to start from scratch make sure the first all in bit of kit ie tool battery and charger you get 2 batteries and if budget allows get the largest Ah batteries you can afford they always seem cheaper in comparison than buying them as an after thought we have cordless reciprocating saws and they rinse the smaller Ah batteries in no time

My mind is boggling with all the youtube vlogs about the different Impact wrenches!!!!!! Seen one abt a Makita clone, not impressed.
There are quite a number of Impact wrenches that are the same but have different names like the Clark ones which are the same as other brands.

Dewalt are the best as far as I can see, the look better than Milwaukee but are pricey for occasional use. The old adage though, you get what you pay for?
The two DeWalt 899 and 894 look and get very good reviews. The 899 is a beast of a thing while the 894 is smaller and compact and costs more than the 899?
Wouldn't it be great to get a good decent wrench for £50!!!:rofl: If you can, let me Know.:thumbsup:

Here you go.

Why? Why must I follow these forums? I’ve now gone and ordered a Dewalt DCF899HN. Hopefully her in doors will be out when it’s delivered.

Back