[T6] Ignition Live wiring at fusebox

J19WMK

I’ve seen so many posts asking about wiring in an IGN cable. And to be honest it was really easy. I grabbed a cheap multimeter and done some checks, now my Solar & DCDC charger is wired in for me smart alternator. 5 minute job.

C0383FD0-6CA1-466E-ADD8-71CEF29C7E97.jpeg

D3EB5B4A-D6BF-485E-B0D4-B8D8F9C7D422.jpeg

949253DC-EA07-4C15-99E3-C042DCE37EFF.jpeg

Hmmm yes and no. Whilst it is a ignition live to your dcdc controller the idea of wiring from the BCM is that the DC controller will only charge the battery when the engine is physically running and not with the ignition just turned on stopping your leisure battery draining your vehicle battery and other possible issues.

I wouldn’t use that fuse as it is the starter circuit for the BCU and part of a complex circuit and you could end up not being able ti start the van.
move it to the Center row of fuses with less critical services.

I wouldn’t use that fuse as it is the starter circuit for the BCU and part of a complex circuit and you could end up not being able ti start the van.
move it to the Center row of fuses with less critical services.
Thanks for your help guys I’ll make some amendments

as above, that's not and IGN fed fuse.

got with the top centre line of fuses, they are IGN switched

This is the photo / info I've been looking for! I've read so many posts for ignition switch live that say 'just take a feed from the fuse box' and I've now seen the adapter piece I need to get in photo 3. It's been bugging me all day how to attach that small IGN wire into the fuse box! Thanks @J19WMK

Where is this fuse box and which one did you end up using?
Also what does BCM stand for
This fuse box is the one under the gear lever, behind the bottle opener if you have a comfort dash. Use any fuse in the upper part middle row for ignition live. BCM stands for Body Control Module

The T6.1 has a different fuse box layout.

Back