Ideas for fishing gear in the back

tonyteeth

Evening everyone,I have just picked up my T6 panel van and I am looking at a few ideas of how to set up in the back to carry all my fishing gear,ideally would like to get my rods etc off the floor,appreciate this thread will only be for a small percentage of you on here but I am stumped for ideas,cheers

Morning Tony.
I also purchased my van for fishing trips as I am a mad keen match and carp angler. I never really got to set my van up for my gear as the rear bench seat swallows up a lot of my rear space. Are you trying to hold single rods broken down or a rod bag? I’ve seen the plastic coated garage hooks used for single rods which looked good with a small Velcro strip installed to stop any rattling about.

Morning mate,yes it’s a rod bag that I need to get off the floor,it’s quite heavy as it holds 5 rods.I just want to set it up so everything isn’t just on the floor,totally stumped if I am honest for a solution

Couldn’t you carpet 4 wooden legs as supports and then carpet a piece of plywood and keep it up in a section below the roof?

I was thinking more of some kind of racking down the side,the hold hall is quite heavy with everything in it so could struggle feeding it in if it’s head height

I think make a list of requirements eg bed, toilet, wheeled carrier access etc etc. Also, how you will use the van day to day? There must be build info on the fishing forums.

Perhaps a picture of the equipment you want to carry will help with ideas and suggestions.

One thought, after seeing a plumber kitting out a van, is a raised floor with a slot / drawer for your rods?

I also purchased my van for many planned fishing trips.. But I'm tweaking my fishing set up to fit the van as otherwise as you are finding you will struggle....

For shorter planned trips I purchased progressive action 4 piece rods, 3 piece landing net handle stuff that breaks down and fits a 4ft quiver bag... My bivvy is a trakker air v2 so again small compact break down size... This compact set up is designed so it fits under the RIB with just the rear RIB lower board removed.. When I designed the conversion I had the boards fitted using high strength magnets so they easily detach... so the quiver and bivvy just feed through the back and fit under one side of the RIB without protruding into the living space of the van.

for longer trips I am using a tilting thule bike rack XT2 with Thule backspace box... This is designed to take around 60kg and will take all the above and the extras needed for longer trips in the UK, France and further into Europe... Hopefully Croatia and Lac Cassien planned in a couple of years time.

If you can't afford going down the dedicated compact travel set up route then the only solution I've seen for 12ft 2 piece carp rods that don't break down less than 6ft is a rhino tube attached externally to the side or to roof bars... You can get different ones, lockable etc... Hope this helps

Back