Ideas for covering old ladder attachment holes in barn door

oxocube

VIP Member
Hey T6’ers. I’ve migrated from the T4 forum after having to say goodbye to my beautiful 800 special because of bloody Ulez!
So here I am - hello!

Had the T6 remapped yesterday and she is finally pulling like the T4, what a difference.

I’m removing the ladder from the barn doors and will be left with some holes. I’m going to have a wheel bracket made up for the spare to hang on the back instead and I’m hoping he’ll be able to go into the same holes. Does anyone know what I should fill the holes with in the meantime? Rubber grommets? If so can someone point me in the right direction please. Thanks!

C3DE1F2B-850B-42D5-AD35-9D3EBCB814F1.jpeg

93CABB91-44BA-44C9-BD73-23F47D649447.jpeg

Hi all

Wonder if any of you have any great ideas on what I could do with the holes that will be left when I remove the roof ladder from my barn doors -

20220622_111642.jpg
20220622_111659.jpg

Not too worried about the holes that will be left at the top as I reckon they will be covered up when I put in windows - just going to make sure the holes are primed to prevent rust and filled with sealant.

But not too sure what to do with the lower ones that will be on display. Had thought that I could just put some filler in there and then get a decal sticker to hide it all. Or try and fill and spot paint, but think that might look a bit crap. Any ideas?

Also, do any of you know what I could use to remove the old sealant without damaging the paintwork?

Cheers for your help folks.

Might be worth you two lads having a chat

Back