1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICE Skipton Car Audio

Discussion in 'Recommend A Business' started by GordyT6, 7 Aug 2016.

1. GordyT6

GordyT6 Member T6 Pro

I've just fitted some custom plug and play front component speakers. Supplied by Peter Preston at www.skiptoncarradio.com
    Excellent little kit with VW plugs for door speakers, pre wired crossovers and tweeters, with plugs for the standard VW loom, and some soundeadening sheets to do both front doors.

Pauly likes this.
  2. Rob

Rob Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Which ones did you go for and as there been much improvement?

3. GordyT6

GordyT6 Member T6 Pro

He does a few options. Basically depends on how much you want to spend. I'm a bit skint after buying van so went for the cheaper end of things. I got the Pheonix Gold set, seem more decent build quality and has improved to sound. I think the sound deadening worked wonders tho. The new speakers defo handle the bass better but I don't know if your T6 is the same but my doors buzzed like hell when volume up even slightly higher. But now it's sweet as. No rattles at all. Give him a shout and say I mentioned him on hear and he'll look after you.

Pauly and Rob like this.
  4. Scruffy

Scruffy Member T6 Pro

I may give him a call. He's not too far from me.

5. GordyT6

GordyT6 Member T6 Pro

Yer he's super helpful. Been doing a good while too. Tell him I sent you via the t6 forum and he'll look after you

6. Mojo

Mojo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Cheers for the heads up, he's not too far from me either

GordyT6 likes this.
  7. Scruffy

Scruffy Member T6 Pro

Had some work done by Peter and his fellas last week (new front speakers, Shark fin aerial,and plylining and carpeting rear), all good quality work, just wish I'd have found him earlier.

GordyT6 likes this.
  8. GordyT6

GordyT6 Member T6 Pro

Need to chat to him myself about rear speakers pods for mine

9. mopardave

mopardave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Scruffy.....check your messages please mate.
    Thanks

10. mopardave

Map
    Peter (and Dave) at Skipton Car Radio get the thumbs up from me too! I went for the Phoenix gold too. Wasn't inclined to upgrade the head unit too. Being the cautious type, I thought I'd give my set up a few days to bed in and then post my opinion. We had a couple of issues......one of which was my doors leaked after the speaker upgrade. I'm not saying it was they're work......probably coincidence......but even so, Peter came out to my home to seal behind the speakers! He said he's seen it before so wasn't surprised. Time and heavy rain will be the judge of whether he's sorted it or not.......but for customer service, I'm giving them a solid ten out of ten!!!!!!!

11. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Thats going above and beyond - customer service at its best :thumbsup:

12. mopardave

Map
    It is Pauly......I offered the guy some money as a goodwill gesture........I can't say for sure that he'd caused the problem ( I strongly suspect not) for his 50 mile round trip.....he wouldn't hear of it! He's a good guy for sure!!!!!!

DaveyB likes this.
  13. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Now that s the way to run a business, can't beat good service :thumbsup:

14. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    If only VW had the same ethic for their customer services!

15. mopardave

Map
    Hmmmmm........from what I'm reading, VW KNOWS it's cornered the market in "premium" vans so doesn't need to try any more! When you consider the recent emissions scandal.....my god, they're arrogant!