ISS and Space-related discussion

Too much cloud up here in Gloucestershire and the full moon not helping. 60 launched this afternoon. I did watch the launch webcast though..

Hi all..
I know the 98% of us will be sleeping around 4am :) but for the 2% that are awake and have clear skies..
Look for the "Unicorn" Meteor Shower..
A possible rare event with hundreds of meteors for several minutes could happen.

A Rare and Stunning 'Unicorn Meteor Shower' Could Light Up the Skies Tonight | Live Science

If you’re not in the right location to watch the outburst in person, the Virtual Telescope Projectwill broadcast a livestream that will start at 11:15 p.m. ET (4:15 UT).

Enjoy

And another string of Starlink satellites in the sky to look out for after a successful launch last night. Sightings 15th & 16th.
BC1C3E02-CC9D-4C84-B5A5-1EC692908C9A.png 5B2D37A1-92FD-40BD-AC48-9070F767DD46.png

Last edited:
Is there a recommended free app for tracking all satellites - I have GoISSWatch but I think additional monitoring is pay only?

Ian

I don’t know much about the Starlink Satellites, but just read the brightest string of satellites will be passing over the UK tomorrow around 17:50

Back