ISS and Space-related discussion

Hi all..

50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, and we have a bright ISS pass over the UK tonight..

First pass will be at 22:01

Second pass will be at 23:37

Good luck for a clear sky :thumbsup:

Hi all..

50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, and we have a bright ISS pass over the UK tonight..

First pass will be at 22:01

Second pass will be at 23:37

Good luck for a clear sky :thumbsup:
Just checked the forecast and we are covered in cloud :(

I seen the ISS going over on the 22nd, and again last night.
last night I could see more of the clear H shape of the ISS.

Hopefully there will be a live rocket launch later today..
SpaceX's Dragon spacecraft will send more than 5,000 pounds of cargo to the ISS.

If weather is good, Liftoff is scheduled for 6:01 p.m. EDT (2201 GMT).

Webcast will go live 15 minutes before liftoff
CRS-18 MISSION | SpaceX

If it’s a successful launch, and again hopefully.. we will see the Dragon spacecraft not far behind the ISS, when it passes over the UK, till docks with the ISS.

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be a live rocket launch later today..
SpaceX's Dragon spacecraft will send more than 5,000 pounds of cargo to the ISS.

If weather is good, Liftoff is scheduled for 6:01 p.m. EDT (2201 GMT).

Webcast will go live 15 minutes before liftoff
CRS-18 MISSION | SpaceX

If it’s a successful launch, and again hopefully.. we will see the Dragon spacecraft not far behind the ISS, when it passes over the UK, till docks with the ISS.
Yes, that's what I was hoping for last night when the Hold came at T-29 seconds.
Unfortunately, I fear that the first pass will be before solar panel deployment so we might not see it..

ISS going over now.!!!

Dragon launch at 23:01
Approx 23:19 over UK

That’s going some, from Cape Canaveral to pass over us in 18 minutes!

Watch launch live..
CRS-18 MISSION | SpaceX

Last edited:
Nice launch, cloud was a bit hit and miss to see dragon, should be easier to spot tomorrow as it won’t be far behind and on same orbit.

Great to watch the launch live.
Good commentary explaining what was going on too.
Very interesting to hear (briefly) what experiments they will be doing aboard the ISS.

I was very lucky we had clear skies here, and I was able to watch the Dragon spacecraft go overhead in low orbit, I could clearly see it’s Solar panels.

Just had a really good view over head nice clear night for viewing

Back