I need some help from you guys, a measurement!

Chrisfraser05

Electrical Technician
T6 Legend
Hey guys,

don't like to ask but its better than asking the wife lol

I am stuck on an oil rig and planning my ICE. I don't want to give the game away by asked her at home but I am wondering if I can fit a Sub box under the 2+1 seat.

The larger space in the middle is used when we are camping so I identified the space between the seat and the wall under the window as a possible.

I would have my amp behind the panel with a quick disconnect (speakon) to remove the sub to turn it into a van.

What I need is the rectangular dimensions of what will fit between the seat structure and the side without sticking out at the front.

I've attached a pic of the space I mean, obviously the box would have to either be there before the seat is in situ or slide in from the front.

If a couple of people can measure to see if there are any differences between vans or measuring techniques I'd appreciate it as I will likely order something BEFORE I go home

Cheers guys

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
I actually got my tape measure out earlier and took some measurements then came back in and loaded the thread to notice you have a 2+1 and mine is a triple bench :(

Chrisfraser05

Electrical Technician
T6 Legend
Thanks for the efforts though lads!

Really don't want to let the cat out of the bag and ask the wife.
It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

My biggest issue these days is if I don't order things while and wait till I'm home I don't get them until I'm just about to come away again.

The wait kills me lol

DaveBos

Engineering Surveyor
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Edge of floor bracket trim to door card lining 210mm - photo1

Floor to underside metal seat tube 175-180mm -photo 2

Distance between outer of the two floor fixing bracket trims 600mm - photo 3

Photos are a bit sh*t, because A it's dark and B because my lovely iphone 7 fell out my pocket today when cycling and a car ran over it, do back to an old iPhone for 18months, grrrr!!!

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

Chrisfraser05

Electrical Technician
T6 Legend
Cheers for that Dave.

Gutted about your phone.

Quick question, measurement 2 is the the under side of the bar.
Is there more height if the sub box was forward of the bar?

Also in that case how much less than measurement 3 would a box need to be to fit?

DaveBos

Engineering Surveyor
VIP Member
T6 Legend
270mm from floor to underside of seat. Dimension 3 would be 400mm, the front of the box would then line up the the front edge of the front seat bracket trim.

Chrisfraser05

Electrical Technician
T6 Legend
Fantastic.

So a box of say 250x400x200mm should fit nicely.

I'll get looking!

Thanks buddy, really appreciate it. I'll owe you a beer or two if we're ever at Bus fest etc

DaveBos

Engineering Surveyor
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Kicker L7 10" square sub, 272mm outer dimension, might just fit, only needs a 0.8 cubic foot box aswell

DaveBos

Engineering Surveyor
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Yeh, sorry, I took the external measurements and got 0.75 cu ft.

Chrisfraser05

Electrical Technician
T6 Legend
sussed it now.....

Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-10 Punch P3S 10-Inch 2-Ohm DVC: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

A nice 300RMS 2 ohm job, can get it into a sealed enclosure within the sized identified (just). the whole needs to be just over 9 inches so a 10.5 inch box will be ok.

I was looing at a nice little Focal amp before but its 350w RMS at 2 ohm, I just know I'll end up pumping the sub with it so on the hunt to match the 300w RMS spec that way I know I will be safe.