Ply floor supplier

Undertoker

Undertaker
T6 Pro
Hi guys
i have just purchased a 2019 transporter
it is a LWB TSI highline crew Kombi I think is the name - it has 10k miles on it and it is mint, I’m very happy with it
it’s a petrol based auto gear box - in honesty this is the first VW I’ve had and I’m in love
it has 3 seats in the front, then three behind and then there is a back area.

now I purchased this primarily for work, I am an undertaker.
it just fits two stretchers nicely in the rear of the van side by side.
I was initially going to remove the bulkhead and back seats but I found my stretchers fit just nicely without having to do so As it is long wheelbase (I was so chuffed)

it is currently rubber matted in the back from the factory but I do need to put a plywood board down in the back area as it is more stable for the stretchers.
the rubber flooring is a bit spongy and a heavy deceased in a stretcher would possibly tip.
so I need pointing towards someone who cuts these out and supplies them that I can slip in.
or is it a case of buying some cardboard and making a template and making my own?
it will have to be thicker board than the standard 12mm I’m seeing, really I’d want 22mm at least as people are getting larger and I also need to fit a central wooden beam down the middle Probably 4x2“ to keep the stretchers separated and located.

can anyone point me towards someone that might have the ability to supply me a floor board that will drop in or do I have to make my own ?
obviously with the current situation I need to get this done asap as I am struggling to cope so any help or advice would be appreciated, I am of course happy to pay someone the price to cut and supply me with it of course.
thank you in advance
john

It’s certainly an unusual request for this forum !
Where are you based - this might help people make recommendations.

Pete

It’s certainly an unusual request for this forum !
Where are you based - this might help people make recommendations.

Pete
Hi Pete - firstly thank you for the reply
im based in Milton Keynes mate

i realise this is a bit unusual and I could struggle and cut a floor out myself but if I can buy one ready cut it’ll save me time and effort as in honesty mate i am totally snowed under at the moment and just need to get this van working to try and get people looked after - I’ve done about 70 hours this week and I’m still having to turn people away, I am struggling to cope with it
i know I need the help of people who know the vehicle and you guys here seem to tick that box tbh

These guys:

are reasonably close to you, they did ply lining / sound deadening and insulating on my T6, did a very good job and sensible price. I'm sure they'd be happy to talk about your unique requirements.

Reactions: JOG
Just about to say unique vans - pop along and see them - were very helpful when I went

Reactions: JOG
I have dealt with MK plylining before may be worth asking them if they do a floor

Hi All,

Have been researching high and low and for the life of me i cant find one. Is there a definitive cut list for the floor packers (SWB or LWB). If not I'll make a SWB one up for the forum.

As a follow up question, anyone know where i can get a single piece 12mm ply floor in the south east? Everyone seems to be waaaaaaay in the south west or North Midlands / The North.

Any feedback welcome :)

Back