I have omtec 1453 roof rails but no instructions so which is left and which is right?

williecba

I have omtec 1453 roof rails but no instructions as to which is left and which is right? I can't find any instructions online. The rails are asymetric and I notice that one has the numbers 1 and 2 underneath the end caps and one has numbers 3 and 4 but nowhere does it state left or right. I am going to go the threaded rod and EPDM washer route.

Hi, did you find out.. I am having exactly the same issue now - the bars have a L and a R on them but is that as you're looking at the front of the van or from the back of the van ??? strange .. any help appreciated

Hi, did you find out.. I am having exactly the same issue now - the bars have a L and a R on them but is that as you're looking at the front of the van or from the back of the van ??? strange .. any help appreciated
L and R will be looking from the rear or as though you're sat in the drivers seat.

I have omtec 1453 roof rails but no instructions as to which is left and which is right? I can't find any instructions online. The rails are asymetric and I notice that one has the numbers 1 and 2 underneath the end caps and one has numbers 3 and 4 but nowhere does it state left or right. I am going to go the threaded rod and EPDM washer route.
where did you get them please.

The roof rails have a lean angle off ctr. as you look along it.
The LH and RH both lean toward the center of the roof and not away from the ctr.
It shows up quite clearly if you position onto the roof prior to fitting.

It’s embossed on the underside of my Omtec rails - L and R.

Pete

I picked up a set of these and started to fit them tonight. I had to abandon my efforts as it was starting to get too dark and I couldn't figure out the orientation of the rails or feet with any confidence.

The instructions are pretty limited and the labelling of the parts is shocking. The plastic spacers/feet (pictured above) aren't labelled at all and only one of my rails is labelled as 'R' - so I have to assume the other is a 'L'.

Interestingly, the kit came with 6 foam, watertight, self-adhesive pads. But I've decided not to use them and go with the threaded bar method.

1000052228.jpg

Back