I Have just bought a cbe pc380 power management kit. Do i still need to install a c tek split relay charger?

Vdubster

I Have just bought a pc380 power management kit and was just about to install a c tek split charger, However i have just read the cbe pc 380 has the ability to charge both leisure and car battery, im quite new to this and am a little confused, I've just spent 2 hours reading on here but the description and contents about the pc380 is a little vague, can any one help and or advise on this?

this is the kit i have bought, after searching the internet and youtube i can find much more info apart from 1-2 bought it and it had no instructions... cant wait for that!

Last edited:
I don't think this includes a split charger. Maybe it can charge both of your batteries, but only from EHU.

If you do want to charge from the alternator, choose your split charger carefully. If you have a start/stop van or intelligent alternator, a traditional split charger is no use, you would need a DC/DC charger. CTEK is not the only option, and has some limitations (esp. with solar panels). Read this excellent thread;

Thanks for you
I don't think this includes a split charger. Maybe it can charge both of your batteries, but only from EHU.

If you do want to charge from the alternator, choose your split charger carefully. If you have a start/stop van or intelligent alternator, a traditional split charger is no use, you would need a DC/DC charger. CTEK is not the only option, and has some limitations (esp. with solar panels). Read this excellent thread;

Thank you for your response! i actually meant dc/dc charger i think with all the reading im confusing the old with the new. thank you for your help.

I Have just bought a pc380 power management kit and was just about to install a c tek split charger, However i have just read the cbe pc 380 has the ability to charge both leisure and car battery, im quite new to this and am a little confused, I've just spent 2 hours reading on here but the description and contents about the pc380 is a little vague, can any one help and or advise on this?

this is the kit i have bought, after searching the internet and youtube i can find much more info apart from 1-2 bought it and it had no instructions... cant wait for that!

Hi how did you get on with the install of this system I’m just about to fit it I’ve fitted a victron dc-dc charger I’ve read that with the dc300 distribution box you need to snip a resistor to disable the cbe split charge the problem I’ve got is it’s the dc520 box and I can’t find any info if it needs doing on this too is this the same dis board you have ? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated thanks

Back