I had an accident today. Is this repair going to be expensive?

Woland

I am useless when it comes to anything vehicle related so am no doubt going to get scammed if I take this to my local garage (Listers for what it’s worth). Could you kind folk please tell me what I should expect to pay to repair this damage?

I reversed into a supporting bollard in my garage

4D000AD2-0782-4EF7-8B06-35E31D6792C4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: CAB
Looks like a bumper, reflector and a re-spray.
If there’s any more damage you’ll need to mention it as the photo isn’t clear.

Travelinlite do pattern part bumpers, have a look at their website (prices listed), they come in primer.
You’ll need to drill the new bumper for parking sensors.
Maybe possible to transfer the old parking sensor brackets across to the new bumper with some new adhesive.
You might need to replace the bumper mounting bracket on the affected side, I think these are around 30-40 quid but Travelinlite can confirm.
New bumper reflector on the affected side, again Travelinlite can quote.
Re-spray of the bumper and possibly adjacent panels to get a blend, price depends on the bodyshop, but wouldn’t expect anything less than £400 for the paint, you’ll just have to compare quotes.

Thank you for this. Pretty much all of it is well beyond my capabilities so sounds like I’ll be spending significantly more than £500 for someone else to do it all for me. Devastated!

Looks to me like the panel above the bumper has been pushed out of place as well, I'm not sure what's behind this so this could add to the expense.
Why not use your insurance? Try one of the insurance comparison sites first both with and without a claim to give you an idea of the likely affect on your renewal price, if its not too much of a rise and your excess is reasonable let them deal with it.

Back