Hydraulic Bed?

Lottirotti

Hi, I've just bought my first camper and I'm looking to get a Pop Up roof, I've been asked by the company fitting if I require a Hydraulic Bed, any pros or cons to this, thanks Allan

WM Poptop from Cannock
OK, I’ve had a look at their FB site and I’m no wiser on the hydraulic bed, I see a normal poptop bed with gas struts and rock and roll style rear seat beds.
You’ll need to ask them what a hydraulic bed is.
From Companies House I can see that WM Poptop has only existed from Feb 2021.

Appreciate your help, thank you. A friend used and recommended them, that was nearly 3 years ago, I shall do some more digging, thanks again

"Hydraulic Bed" may refer to a gas strut that assists with lifting the backrest section when morphing from the bed position to the seat position. I have one of these on my Bedrock bed, installed by Vamoose conversions

It appears to be an optional extra, would you recommend it, the cost is £175
That will depend on if you want to sleep in the pop top. I would also check if that includes a basic mattress.
The poptop bed does provide another layer of thermal and acoustic insulation when lowered, I rarely sleep in the poptop bed but having the roof up and bed down gives good ventilation without loosing too much heat or being noisy when sleeping down below. Even the best converters install pop top bed boards that creak when driving, make sure they know that you want a quiet one and they just might make some extra effort.
Nothing on a campervan, especially a T6 costs less than £175.
The best way of deciding what you want / need is to look over a previously finished van.

My 13 yo would use the pop top, I think it would be silly not to go with it considering the cost, I will phone the company today and clarify a few points, particularly the mattress and squeaking, which I hadn't thought of, thanks for your help

I could sleep in the pop top and wife on the bed, however I don't think there's any insulation to quieten her snoring I will keep those in mind for any squeaks, thanks.

I could sleep in the pop top and wife on the bed, however I don't think there's any insulation to quieten her snoring I will keep those in mind for any squeaks, thanks.
Living in a small van for a couple of months on the road with a potential life partner is probably the best test available.
First you need to set up your own 10 van commandments and then break them all on the first night.

Back