Wheel alignment - Yorkshire

Widdzuk

T6 Pro
Hi,

I’ve got a bit of inner tyre wear and also got 3mm left overall after 5k on my 20inch 275 rears.

It’s a campervan converted t6.1. With slightly cambered wheels.

I understand the premature wear may be due to the camber, but also read on here that the low ride height may have changed the toe quite a bit too.

Therefore I’m looking at a bit of hunter action to check alignment out.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the Leeds area? Failing that, I’m happy to drive to the right place.

Thanks

Hunter is just a brand name of an alignment service - don’t be sold on a brand. Your query is “who to trust for wheel alignment who understands conversions?”

Hi all I have a 4motion caravelle that's killing the rear tyres, fronts are spot on. It's lowered on st coilovers and running 20s. I'm going to be fitting adjustable polybushs on both rear mounting points to give more scope for adjustment.

So the question is does anyone know of a good alignment centre in Sheffield or around (dont mind abit of a travel within reason) that people would recommend.
Thanks in advance

Have you had the alignment checked as you shouldn't need adjustable bushes for the height you are running ?

Kwik Fit have an excellent geometry alignment set up using state of the art laser system with a print out before and after. The parameters are from manufacturers data.

Have had the geo done 3 times with our pro aline crap at work, but think its past its best the be honest. The bus is running at it lowest setting and scrubbing the outside edge on both rears. THQ said the bushes would solve this problem. Want to get it sorted before summer wheels go back on as I can't afford a bag of sand every year for tyres. Never thought of kwik fit to be honest, but would rather use someone with transporter knowledge.

Mine's the opposite, the fronts have worn considerably on the outside edges whereas the back tyres are like new.

Also running STX coilovers on the lowest setting with 20s

Personally i would get it checked and aligned properly with up to date equipment like Hunter before shelling out for bushes.

This is my ride height on air and get even tyre wear with non adjustable bushes. BTW not sure i would trust Kiwk Fit to fit a valve cap.

1706178077642.png

Its the toe that will be out on the rear, it'll be too much toe in.

There is plenty adjustment in the rear bush to get the toe in spec.

If you’re competent to be fitting bushes, then you can easily manage to string it up and measure it yourself.

IMG_6834.jpeg

Everytime it's been on our machine it's all green and I know he takes extra time to make sure because beers are involved.
I've already got the bushes even though theres no knocking because she's just hit 100k so things will start to be tired.

Everyone has their preferences so don’t knock the perfect alignment I had done at Kwik Fit. My old Sportline used eat rear tyres from new - once I had everything set correctly there was no uneven wear. I didn’t need adjustable bushes.
The new van fitted with CRS adjustable ride has perfectly even wear - lowered 50mm

Back