Hunstanton parking

Bri1701

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’m over in Norfolk for a couple of days later this week and was going to go to Hunstanton.
Looking on google all the car parks there seem to have a 2.0m barrier, as I’m running standard suspension theoretically the van is 1.99m.
Seems a bit too close for comfort!!

Was up there in March, as I recollect there is parking on the road up to Old Hunstanton but it may be chargeable this time of year. We park in Heacham and walk up which is about 2 miles each way and a very nice walk. There are no barriers in Heacham or on the road up to Old Hunstanton.

If you're just going for the day, park on the front (the long stretch over the cliffs) it's free till 22:00, then it's no parking for anyone. The car park near the light house is I think 2 metres ish, I've tried my van under it but I am lowered by about 60mm. As I live near by (Kings Lynn), I've been going there all my life, always park on the front. The best chippie by the way is supafry just up from Barclays (honestly, ignore the trip advisor reviews), failing that Eric's at Thornham is even better if slightly more expensive

There is plenty of on street parking on the roads north of Boston Square right up to the Old Lighthouse.
There are often VW vans parked in the Clifftop Car Park. I am sure that the barrier is over the stated 2m, but have never been up there with my own van.

Well it didn’t happen quite as planned, but did get to Hunstanton for the day this week, parked on the road near the light house, it was great.
I need to have a proper trip to the area.
Thanks all for the advice.

Back