How to refit door card?

Deaston

T6 Pro
I've taken the door card off, but now can't make the trim clips actually snap into place.

Do I place the clips in the door card and push the card onto the door or clip the clips into the door and lower the door card onto the clips?!

Clips in the card and push into the door. Have any broken? Also you may need to 'reset' some as they tend to stay in the fitted position when y0u remove the door card.

As @Skyliner33 says, they should be in the extended form, so the claws that go through the hole in the metal are closed. When they are squashed, the pin pushes through the middle of the claws at the end and they widen out and grip the metal skin.

Reset them so they’re retracted and slot them in the door card first. When they’re positioned, a firm thump should locate them.

Thanks for such quick replies. Yes all reset and actually added some new ones after a couple broke.

I'll try again, but the thumping wasn't working!

I found when they were cold, the plastic was brittle and hard and that didn’t help.

So it turns out the clips I bought from eBay are too big - when locked they sit a lot higher than the genuine ones.

If anyone can point my in the direction of clips that work for the 6.1 door card, I'd be very grateful!

Are they not the same at the T6? Pics?
genuine ones off eBay or even the dealers are cheap.

Looks to me like the clips on a T6.1 are different to a T6/T5

These are what you need £3,59 for 10

Theyre little buggers, they can bend and break and you have to ensure theyre reset prior to fitting the panel back on. I guarantee you will bend and/or break a few.

Edit: I couldve saved you 6p had I posted earlier.

Other way around - the small one on the left is from the 6.1.
Hi Deaston,,, just come across this problem trying to get my door card back... ordered the same larger clips don't work... did you find somewhere to get the t6.1 clips? a lot of swearing... and then I look down and see the new speaker is about 0.01 mm away from the window when it's down! start again... grrrr

Back