How to fit a DC-DC / battery-to-battery charger kit

Thank you very much, But I think that I have this connector:
Ignitionwire.PNG
Can I use just one live wire from this connector and connect it into Victron's Remote-H ?

Thank you very much, But I think that I have this connector:
View attachment 111741
Can I use just one live wire from this connector and connect it into Victron's Remote-H ?
Use that wire to control a small relay, use the relay n/o contacts to go across your remote control terminals.

Step 6, mount the DC DC charger and parts.

Mark holes for the charger, drill and mount the charger on the side of the seat base towards the rear.
Connect the 2 leisure battery supply cables to the large power post with the Output wire from the Charger, feed all 3 cables up the sleeve of the protection cap, but leave the nut loose for the time being. This is the large brown cable on the Redarc unit.
View attachment 19101

Connect the main battery supply feed to the midi fuse carrier at the end of the supply cable to the charger. This is the red cable on the Redarc unit.

Now mark, drill and mount the power post and midi fuse carrier so that it looks like this , ensuring the main supply cable is well away from the seat base.
View attachment 19102View attachment 19103

Now tighten up the nut on the power post and slide over the rubber cap. tighten up the nuts on the midi fuse carrier. I also added some insulation tape to the battery supply cable as there was too much bare cable for my liking.

Next I fitted a bolt to the seat base to act as the earth for the charger and connected the earth cable from the charger. As the california has a battery monitor the negative must go directly to the chassis and the reason I improved the earth to the seat base earlier. (If you do not have a battery monitor this cable can be put under the nut of the negative battery clamp)
View attachment 19106

Next connect the trigger wire for the charger to the relay plug we removed from the relay earlier.
View attachment 19104

Tidy up and cable tie your installation.
View attachment 19105

Continue to Step 7.
Dear Loz, thx a lot for very good explanation. I have question about conecting trigger wire for the charger to the relay plug. There is no plug in charger side, when you buy it (as I see in manufacturing site).... Whats happened, if you do not conect relay plug to charger. Sorry, I do not know much about car electricity...

Back