How Sad ...

Am I? I don't own a T6, I don't have one on order and it is unlikely that I will ever have one ! But, worse than that, I keep having dreams about them. @T6 Dave has a lot to answer for :laugh: as have become involved in his purchase and modifications and upgrades:D. I am not a VW virgin though as in the early 60s I had an oval-rear-windowed Beetle that had been "converted" from a split-rear and in the late 70s I had a Mk1 Polo.

Welcome @T6 Dave's Dad!!! Nice story!! Bet you wish you still had that split screen beetle!!

So come on fella..... what do you drive now????

Hi @Walski, sadly that "Splittie" had been cut about before I got it, probably as a cheap upgrade to make it look like the later oval window bug, especially as the overall dimensions would be the same once the divider was removed. Does this count as a tail-lift? The 6v electrics were a nightmare, but yes if I still had it I would send it for the restoration that I couldn't afford when I owned it. As for the current drive - a Renault Kangoo Hatchback LHD, 5-seater, double sliding rear passenger doors, 3 years old and is a model discontinued by Renault UK. Not unlike a smaller T6 perhaps? LHD as I live in France

Last edited:
Hi and thanks @Buggirl. It's all to do with height difference as @T6 Dave is over a foot taller than his Mum and if she wants to have an eyeball to eyeball or flea his ear ... I'm sure you get the drift :rolleyes:

@T6Dave's Dad at lest I don't feel so bad now for not having one, that is till I get mine :sneaky:

@Roadrunner thanks for that as I do cool and jumping up and down with a silly grin of excitement, just that I don't do smug. How long to go now and have you got a big pile of goodies waiting to go on ?

Excitement building then, hopefully after dealer prep ready for you in the next week or two. Hope it's not too long and that you don't get over excited at your second Christmas !

So it will be a Wedding Anniversary celebratory trip as the inaugural event. How many years must we congratulate you upon ? It'll be a memorable one with the imminent arrival, and it's no shotgun event :mexican wave:

Back