How much is a pair of caravelle exec headlamps worth 2nd hand?

Minimucks

T6 Guru
As per title. I've been offered a set in good condition but don't know how much is a fair price.

Any ideas?

Are they H7 or genuine LED? That will make a massive difference to what they're worth and the amount of work involved in fitting them.

I would guess around the £100-£200 mark dependant on condition
Cheers @Pauly bang on the money I think. £150 is the offer on the table.

The question is are they worth spending the money on? Will I then just want to upgrade them come the winter nights?

I’ve got the OEM H7 units on my Shuttle, they are entirely adequate and though it is always nice to have more light I have never felt they are too dim. My last car was a Ford Galaxy with HID/Xenon lights which were brilliant but the VW OEM H7 lights really are quite good. I have never used the H4 units but from reading on here they sound awful. For a straight swap and £150 it sounds like a no brainer.

Your other options are to go with Transporter HQ units for £350 but they are just basically restyled H7 units. Or then you got to LED but you need deep pockets for that.... like £2-3k deep. No thanks!

I’ve got the OEM H7 units on my Shuttle, they are entirely adequate and though it is always nice to have more light I have never felt they are too dim. My last car was a Ford Galaxy with HID/Xenon lights which were brilliant but the VW OEM H7 lights really are quite good. I have never used the H4 units but from reading on here they sound awful. For a straight swap and £150 it sounds like a no brainer.

Your other options are to go with Transporter HQ units for £350 but they are just basically restyled H7 units. Or then you got to LED but you need deep pockets for that.... like £2-3k deep. No thanks!
Thanks for that, just out of interest are you still running the original lamps?

Just done a deal on them. Hopefully collecting them on the weekend

£150 sounds like a good price for a decent upgrade over standard H4s.

Thanks for that, just out of interest are you still running the original lamps?

Just done a deal on them. Hopefully collecting them on the weekend

I’ll throw in my 2p’s worth. I’ve got standard VW issue H7 bulbs in mine.

I presume you’re aware but you’ll need to code the high beam to stay on with the low beam in VCDS to get the most out of them on high beam.

I’ll throw in my 2p’s worth. I’ve got standard VW issue H7 bulbs in mine.

I presume you’re aware but you’ll need to code the high beam to stay on with the low beam in VCDS to get the most out of them on high beam.
Yes found that on an old search earlier tonight. Rear speaker adaptation hasn't been a good enough reason to buy a new vcds so far. The headlights should make it worthwhile I reckon.

Could always see if there’s a VCDS user local to you.
There doesn't seem to be much in or around Oxford. Saying that I haven't really explored that hard tbh. I've always had it for older vehicles and it always earns it's money with diagnostics.
It just feels strange buying it for a pretty much new van.

Fair enough! I travelled over 100 miles to get something coded on my van and just booked a nice camp site for the night. Ended up going down there on the day of a beer festival, so that was nice! Carista is good for basic diagnostics and modifications but it won’t do the headlight coding.

Back