How Many Windows or No Windows?!

MattPoss

Construction Manager
T6 Pro
I have a SWB T6 Panel Van that im putting some Kombi Seats in

Nearly all the time a Panel Van suits me perfectly as im the only lerson in it and I shift things like Building Materials, Motorbikes, my Dogs etc. We’ve just had a little baby boy and i’ve got the Kombi Isofix Seats to use for him but im unsure what to do with any New Windows

Have many people put seats in the back of a Panel Van with no Windows at all?! Would it bea alright with just a Window in the Sliding Door or do you really need one behind the Driver as well as in the Sliding Door?! The Panel Van set up suits when im doong thjngs like a Trackday, my Motorbike is in the back for a couple of nights but no one can see in so im not sure what’s best really, i’m wanting the van to do a bit of everything i suppose....

I have a SWB T6 Panel Van that im putting some Kombi Seats in

Nearly all the time a Panel Van suits me perfectly as im the only lerson in it and I shift things like Building Materials, Motorbikes, my Dogs etc. We’ve just had a little baby boy and i’ve got the Kombi Isofix Seats to use for him but im unsure what to do with any New Windows

Have many people put seats in the back of a Panel Van with no Windows at all?! Would it bea alright with just a Window in the Sliding Door or do you really need one behind the Driver as well as in the Sliding Door?! The Panel Van set up suits when im doong thjngs like a Trackday, my Motorbike is in the back for a couple of nights but no one can see in so im not sure what’s best really, i’m wanting the van to do a bit of everything i suppose....
Having windows might make your van more social and comfortable for your family on days out together. If you had dark windows it would be difficult for others to look in. You could always add sun shades or screens to make absolutely sure for security proposes.

Does it have a bulkhead in? Im guessing no, so people can look in the front door windows anyway? As said above the windows can be blocked from inside really easy.

My old firm ran two vans that had rear (well, middle) seating and no windows in the side doors. They were not fun to travel in.

Personally I’d have windows with a good tint fitted, and buy some blinds / curtains when ultimate privacy is needed.

Bear in mind, that unless you fit a blind / curtain behind the driving seats, anyone at the front can look in and see your bike in the back.

Often kids, when they are a bit older, need to look out of the window to avoid travel sickness.

I’d stick windows in both sides.

Ian

With regards to a Bulkhead, thats also somthing i’m trying to suss out with regards to the best way to do it (see my other query on a seperate thread..... Panel Van/Kombi Bulkhead Idea’s....)

I think im swaying towards sorting the Bulkhead out then just putting a window in the Sliding Door with a Dark Tint a Vanshades Blind on. If i ever feel like i want another it’ll be relatively easy to pop another in behind the Driver Side in future...

Back