How low is sensible?

What a difference, looks great, worth the effort :thumbsup:
Thanks Pedro. It certainly looks better imo, even if I have fitted the rear spring assembly upside down! I'll closely 'monitor' the situation and if I get and bangs or unusual noises then I'll get them flipped.

Thanks Pedro. It certainly looks better imo, even if I have fitted the rear spring assembly upside down! I'll closely 'monitor' the situation and if I get and bangs or unusual noises then I'll get them flipped.

I advise fitting them the correct way around asap

Van looks good

My splitty single cab was so low in the end that it scrapped on the motorway and if I hit a bump (had steering box protector on), the horn would jump out and hit me in the face! Don't go too low lol! I want air ride one day. Only thing with air ride/ lowered springs is not sure if all the components are as tough. My T5 had to have a suspension repair after 3 years of being lowered as it was banging around all over the place and the VW experts (Midland VW), said that it would be a roughly 2 yearly occurrence due to the van being lowered.

My question is...
How high can you go?
Much prefer raised, beefed up vans. Suits the "van" thing so much more.
We have a fairly uneven beach car park here where VW vans love to congregate and pose; oh how I laugh when an over lowered van can't make it out without painful sounding wheelarch rubbing...

@Polzeylad Question is do you need to go higher, the STD height should be enough for most situations unless your in to serious off roading in which case you might need to go a little higher

Do like the look of a raised off road van, but surely it would be horrendous on the roads. My T6 is pants compared to my old lowered T5 going round a bend.

@Polzeylad Question is do you need to go higher, the STD height should be enough for most situations unless your in to serious off roading in which case you might need to go a little higher
It is high enough but I do really like the Seikel/Rockton lifted vans; not sure if they do a T6 yet but they did some great T5.1s.
A van has a very high CoG - it's heavy even in bare Transporter form. It's front heavy. It just isn't made for flinging around corners.

Ok so I've got a T30 Kombi and intend to lower it by 40mm and add some 18" BBS alloys.

I am told today by my converter that the 40mm Eibach springs are out of stock until January. Their recommendation is to use 18" alloys with a 30mm drop.

I don't think 30mm is low enough and really want 40mm, what do you think is best ? I don't want to go to 50mm as I think this is to loe given that it will be converted to a camper next year.

At the moment, pre conversion I don't carry any weight, just passen

Cheers

Still not sure about the H&R 40mm i had three sets on the rear and still the occasional noise over speed bumps ??

Fair call mate. I thought I read somewhere they sorted the issue with that batch but clearly not. I'm leaning towards KW V1's for my 4 motion. Can't see the price difference being much more than a Eibach and Bilstein combo. And more drop

Back