How Long Does It Take To Build, Float And Arrive?

craigblues

T6 Pro
Morning all,

Does anyone know how long it takes to from start to finish once a new order begins being built?

Am I right in thinking 1-2 weeks for building and then a month to the port? Then obviously delivery from port to dealer?

Does anyone know?

Lastly VW should really consider a end user tracker system, many people would like this I think!

Loads of variables, have a read of this; T6 Delays for an idea of the different sort of stuff that gets in the way.

There can be weeks/months before it gets a build date due to supply etc, then once the build starts it should be at your dealer a month later.

Last edited:
Loads of variables, have a read of this; T6 Delays for an idea of the different soft of stuff that gets in the way.

There can be weeks/months before it gets a build date due to supply etc, then once the build starts it should be at your dealer a month later.

Thanks Loz, sorry I possibly wasn’t clear. It has begun the build so the dealer had said.

However since my first post, dealer has come back to me this morning to tell me it’s currently at the port in UK and should expect it at the dealers within a week and a half or two weeks.

Excited is an understatment. :D:D:D

Thanks Loz, sorry I possibly wasn’t clear. It has begun the build so the dealer had said.

However since my first post, dealer has come back to me this morning to tell me it’s currently at the port in UK and should expect it at the dealers within a week and a half or two weeks.

Excited is an understatment. :D:D:D
in that case definitely within 10 days, depends on how quickly he can get it PDI'd, there was a backlog at the port back in May due to the hold on emissions but that is cleared now as I think all the Christmas waiters have now had their vans.

in that case definitely within 10 days, depends on how quickly he can get it PDI'd, there was a backlog at the port back in May due to the hold on emissions but that is cleared now as I think all the Christmas waiters have now had their vans.

Excuse ignorance PDI’d??

Can’t beat the feeling of getting your new van :) we need to see pictures.
Me personally I wouldn’t let the dealer wash or touch the interior do it yourself :thumbsup:

Can’t beat the feeling of getting your new van :) we need to see pictures.
Me personally I wouldn’t let the dealer wash or touch the interior do it yourself :thumbsup:

Exactly what I was thinking.

The only downside is originally it was going to be a longer wait, which meant I could have a 68 plate whereas now it appears it will be a 18 plate. Little disappointing.

Back