How do you lock a sliding window?

Davidm

I've just installed my new windows which have sliding openings but there is no system to lock them if open i.e. if they are open a bit at night for ventilation and you don't want someone opening them further from the outside. Are there any third party systems which can lock sliding windows? I could put a piece of wood in that prevents the window being opened further but it seems a bit odd to have to do that.

You don't say where your windows are from, my aftermarket sliders are from Camper Glass/Transporter HQ and only lock in two (maybe three?) points along their run.

I can stop them at any point in between, but as you have stated they can be moved further as they're not at a locking point position.

Could your problem be that you haven't reached one of the locking points?

Hope this makes sense.

They have locking points but it is not really "locked" - the first point is some 10cms open so anyone could reach in, press the button in and open it further. There is no way to lock it with a key or at a point where someone could not reach in allowing you to leave the window open a bit for ventilation.

Hi new to all of this so sorry if this has been answered fully
Came across this web site and spoke to the guy about ideas for windows
He was helpful who know he may have the answer your looking for
Let us know how you get on
Cheers

Back