How Do You Keep Them Constantly Clean?!?

Howler

Sold
T6 Pro
Quite enjoy washing my van, but it feels that within about 2 hours it's fitlhy again!
It is black but can get really annoying.
Wash, polish and wax it reasonably regular but nothing seems to keep the dirt off very long.

Any recommendations? Are these ceramic treatments any good?
Any detailers local to Preston that people have used?

After a good coat of wax....

Give it a rinse down with one of these....every now and again.

SIL630070-500x500.jpg

Got me self one of these too....

Screenshot_20180917-173745_Amazon Shopping.jpg

For a bit of renegade rinse off.

Last edited:
The downside (only) of owning a Black vehicle. Mine is a daily job. It was lovely yesterday, but it's filthy now, from a 300 mile round trip to a job in South London and Cambridge.

I'd love to like Silver, but it's just not me.

Try Gyeon Bathe+ shampoo.

It doesn't foam up that much, but boy does it leave an ultra glossy and hydrophobic finish.

I recently used some Faracla G3 Professional to remove a very small scratch/mark as a test before trying to clean up others.

I followed the instructions and took my time and it looks good, the mark has gone. I cleaned the van (snow foam) then used a Turtle Wax black polish on the whole van and its looks good, apart from a very small dull/flat area where I used the G3.

Can someone recommend a product (wax?) that I should put on after washing to restore shine/colour then I can polish.

I recently used some Faracla G3 Professional to remove a very small scratch/mark as a test before trying to clean up others.

I followed the instructions and took my time and it looks good, the mark has gone. I cleaned the van (snow foam) then used a Turtle Wax black polish on the whole van and its looks good, apart from a very small dull/flat area where I used the G3.

Can someone recommend a product (wax?) that I should put on after washing to restore shine/colour then I can polish.

This is the problem with many of these 'magic' products, there is often a compromise.
I haven't used the product myself, but by your description it sounds like it's an abrasive compound, that starts off course, to remove the scratch, then as you work it, this might slowly reduce it's coarseness to a finer grade in the same way you'd use a polishing compound. This then releases an agent to give the finishing shine, which is probably an oily silicone. Your process snow foaming has then removed the finishing product and exposed the fact it was just a compound in the first place, with a temporary shine. Meaning until you have the patch machine polished properly, every time you wash it, you will need to re-apply a wax/polish to this patch.

Autoglym Super Resin should give you back your finish, but I suspect this will happen each time you foam it.

I'm in Bridgend on the 14th of May working. If you are anywhere near there that day, drop my a PM and I will do it properly for you. If it's only a small patch, it will only take 15 mins.

@Tourershine thanks for the offer but I’m in Newcastle that week!

I’ll try the Autoglym super resin to restore the shine as the turtle wax polish didn’t do this as you can still see the dull bit.

Thanks again.

I use some stuff I have got from USA called Finish First - it’s really good takes minimal effort to put on, you then leave it for a couple of hours and then wipe it off. You can keep adding coats and it works getting progressively better - it’s the best thing I have ever used.

Maybe I'm not reading this correctly.. A polish will polish and restore colour/shine by removing material and then it's protected by using a wax.

Putting wax then polish doesn't make sense for me as the polish will remove the wax.

Some polish is loaded with fillers.. Autoglym super resin polish as an example so they hide fine swirls etc. But it's still an abrasive. It will repel /bead
water but still needs an overcoat other it washes off quickly.
Use your polish.. Maybe it's an all in one product so you have your even colour then wax on top.

Try a pot of 476s wax, detergent proof and it's lasted nearly a year for me.

Maybe I'm not reading this correctly.. A polish will polish and restore colour/shine by removing material and then it's protected by using a wax.

Wasn't really 100% sure of the process. I though I could snow foam wash as normal then apply the Turtle Wax Colour Magic (black) which is supposed to restore colour and shine but when I've tried this to cover/restore the faded/dull section it hasn't really done anything? The rest of the van looks nice and "polished" but the small area I tested on is still dull and you can see it especially in sunlight.

I didn't really work the G3 that hard, I pick a minor small mark and it came off really easily but its done enough to leave this imperfection.

My plan is to try the Autoglym that was recommended above and if that works seal with a wax.

If it's dull then you probably need to go over it with a finer polish but by hand that's tedious work. If you are on detain world forum ask if someone local can Pop over with a machine for 15 mins.

Putting wax then polish doesn't make sense for me as the polish will remove the wax.

Correct technically.
The problem is some people use polish and wax as general terms, and explaining the difference often just gets confusing and drags out a conversation or thread, so I find it easier to say wax/polish.

"I spent all day polishing my T6"
"I spent all day waxing my T6"

Both mean different things, but are often used to mean the same thing as just a general term.

Yes SRP does have fillers, which is why I said it needs machine polishing properly, and an application of SRP is likely to just need replacing each time its snow foamed.

If your building up layer after layer of wax, should there be any need for polish. Assuming regular washes to deter in grained contamination.

I'm gonna be heart broken if I've to polish off all these fancy new wax and coatings I'm trying out.

Back