How did you sell your campervan?

dhod

Recently completed my conversion at the end of October and have been travelling around Portugal in it for a few weeks but at the end of this trip I’m going to be heading away for at least a year and as much as I love the van and what I’ve built it doesn’t make sense for it to sit unused for that long so I’m wondering who has had success with selling their vans - especially those where they’ve done the furniture fit themselves vs the fitted kits.

I’ve seen some people advertise on here, FB marketplace and things like that and I plan to do those things but any tips and tricks for those that successfully sold would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I used Autotrader and sold my T5 camper for the asking price on the first weekend.

Tips - lots of good pictures, with accessories to sell the lifestyle rather than just a vehicle.

Be ready to answer calls and messages from the buyers- I was out in the van as several calls came through.

Price it realistically. If you are a private seller you have the VAT advantage over dealers, so you can still make a good price and attract interest.

I used Autotrader and sold my T5 camper for the asking price on the first weekend.

Tips - lots of good pictures, with accessories to sell the lifestyle rather than just a vehicle.

Be ready to answer calls and messages from the buyers- I was out in the van as several calls came through.

Price it realistically. If you are a private seller you have the VAT advantage over dealers, so you can still make a good price and attract interest.
I always find it amusing when I see people on the FB pages going "sold my camper, now got all these camping accessories / bike rack / roof box etc" for sale. Obviously there are many reasons for it but you nailed it with selling the lifestyle.

having been in the market for ages before finding one advice i would give is price it as per the market price not what you paid for it etc etc or think it's worth - it really only is worth what the current market is willing to pay. I do laugh when I see people selling vans stating fixed price no offers and then a week later price is reduced.

Back