How Can I Tell if it’s been Ceramic Coated?

GONA66

CARAVELLE
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Having recently acquired a T6 which is just over 2 yrs old , how do I tell if the vehicle has ever or recently been subjected to a ceramic coating ? Apart from the obvious lack of swirl marks in the paint ,are there any other tell tale signs or checks I can perform ?
Really keen to find out . :confused:

Having recently acquired a T6 which is just over 2 yrs old , how do I tell if the vehicle has ever or recently been subjected to a ceramic coating ? Apart from the obvious lack of swirl marks in the paint ,are there any other tell tale signs or checks I can perform ?
Lack of swirl marks is a sign that the van has been well polished, not necessarily that it's got a coating. If it's ceramic coated then water will sheet off like you won't believe just leaving some lovely beads behind, but the same could be said for a decent wax finish or other sealant that has been recently applied. I don't think you can tell just by looking if it's wearing a ceramic coat or not. Can you ask whoever supplied the van to you?

Lack of swirl marks is a sign that the van has been well polished, not necessarily that it's got a coating. If it's ceramic coated then water will sheet off like you won't believe just leaving some lovely beads behind, but the same could be said for a decent wax finish or other sealant that has been recently applied. I don't think you can tell just by looking if it's wearing a ceramic coat or not. Can you ask whoever supplied the van to you?
Hi , thanks for the reply, i'll contact PO and see if he knows or has had it done or not. (contacted) ………………………...PO has only polished with wax ! but he was the 2nd owner , so not conclusive yet .

Last edited:
I think mine has been done by the converters as there are little tell tale dried toothpaste like deposits around the side glass edges and various nooks and crannies, the stuff is quite tough but comes off with a bit of picking and Farecla buffing, put carnauba wax on afterwards.

Hard to tell really, if it's 2 years old and was done when new? If it was done, it may not bead anyway as its had 2 years worth of contamination buildup which hinders beading.

Do you know which coating was applied?

Hard to tell really, if it's 2 years old and was done when new? If it was done, it may not bead anyway as its had 2 years worth of contamination buildup which hinders beading.

Do you know which coating was applied?
Hi ,I'm trying to determine whether it has had a ceramic coating or not !

Back