Hot Water And Heating Eberpracher D5

Feksake

Hi, Bought swb kombi took wife and kids set off, didnt book anything but ferry back from dunkurque, got to Lviv before realising that we are far from home. Learned that we need heating and warm showers. Rear and side awning for privacy. Refillable lpg bottle. (no room for underslung with adblue and 4 motion) .
My thinking, Eberspracher hydronic 5, twin coil calorifier with tank behind kombi seats along with lpg tank (next to calorifier ,across vehicle) The kombi has rear heating, so one calorifier circuit would be to warm the water as we drive. Second circuit would be from the eber d5, which would be under the drivers floor with it own header tank next to the calorifier lpg tank and fresh water tank. Leisure battery under passenger seat. There would be a thermostaic valve to mix the cold and hot water from the caloifier and a 12v shower with pump for a shower in the awning and behind a privacy screen. Have designed a tailgate awning which I will be sewing up soon. The "services" will all be just behind the kombi seats across the vehicle mounted on a removable base with valves to isolate. This space is just in front of the removable bed system I made in 12mm ply. Even th kids can remove it themselves (quite pleased with it). So wondering how stupid my ideas are and unreliable and epensive to run the Eberspracher is. The vehicle is used daily for school runs and is really a day a van. Cooking is huge cast iron gas ring that works in a breeze even. Other plans are for a swivel seat and ting table for the inside, but have no idea if it is possible. Hope to get to Busfest tomorrow to see some ingenious creations...

Back