Horn Upgrade

Shredder

It's a Beast
T6 Guru
Haven't got the van yet but assume the standard horn maybe a bit "cheap" and tinny sounding ??? .... my Vito Sport one was certainly annoyingly weak.

I notice there are 2 upgrades available in the T6 section of the Vanstyle site :

Upgraded Horns, VW T6 Van Accessories 15 - Van Styling Accessories

Anybody got any experience of either of those ?? Or something else ?? Or everyone happy with the standard one??

Last edited:
Haven't got the van yet but assume the standard horn maybe a bit "cheap" and tinny sounding ??? .... my Vito one was certainly annoyingly weak.

I notice there are 2 upgrades available in the T6 section of the Vanstyle site :

Anybody got any experience of either of those ?? Or something else ?? Or everyone happy with the standard one??
Haven't got the van yet but assume the standard horn maybe a bit "cheap" and tinny sounding ??? .... my Vito one was certainly annoyingly weak.

You won't be missed with the Nautilus, very loud and sounds like a big truck

Hmmm ... might be overkill and / or a bit tacky ?

What's your view of the standard one ?

Last edited:
I've never sounded it I got the Nautilus for my bike. They have a very slight delay so took a feed from the standard horn to the Nautilus relay. A slight press of the horn sounds the standard horn press for a second or so and the Nautilus comes on. Good on the bike when someone clearly hasn't seen you.

My standard 2 tone horn is way loud and "Manly" enough.

Many years ago when I got my first company van it had a pathetic horn so I added a pair similar the ones below my father found at an auction. They were outrageous but fun to use under bridges etc.. you could see other motorists physically jump when you used them :)
v400-ss-5_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm .... this sounds very promising thanks guys. The standard fitment on a new Highline could well be perfectly fine then. The one on my old Vito Sport was just appalling

Can I suggest you put your ear against the front grill, whist someone presses it for several seconds to confirm if it's loud enough.

(Don't try this at home kids) :eek:

My standard 2 tone horn is way loud and "Manly" enough.

Many years ago when I got my first company van it had a pathetic horn so I added a pair similar the ones below my father found at an auction. They were outrageous but fun to use under bridges etc.. you could see other motorists physically jump when you used them :)
View attachment 18908

Did the same vehicle have semaphore indicators, and a push starter on the floor?

It's quite a decent horn on the 2018 Highline's, I fitted a Nautilus on one of my old pickups and Christ it was loud, great fun. :rofl:

Stebel nautilus compact, 115 dB at 2 meters which is a tad more than the truck one at 110db. (AND if it’s a truck version shouldn’t it be 24v ??)

£34 on eBay, free postage
Ref. 292470959771
Might be cheaper offers, I didn’t look

I used similar in my bike, really really loud

I'm happy with the standard one but it would be good fun to have one like @Loz fitted:rofl:

I had to stop the video half way through the train one because my stomach was hurting from laughing so much :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Where can I get one?:D

Back