Hope Us Lowly T5 Members Are Welcome Too.

I pulled over as far as I could, folded my mirror which he hit while folding and still kept pushing. When he cleared the mirror he released his brake and caught the rear quarter and ripped out the lower hinge which snagged his wheel arch. Took lots of photos which are all with the insurance, the other van was a transit with dents on all panels which I took photos of too. Really missing my van, I could have been away this weekend :-(

It’s worth mentioning I have photographs on my side showing the passing place in proximity to my van, cars going uphill generally have the right of way, in this case it was a steep one and my closest passing place was a long way back, I was also stationary when I was hit. Insurance are perusing it as a non fault claim but anything could happen. Repair shop are saying the whole side needs replacing which means the roof has to come off and obviously drivers side barn door which means it will be a costly repair. A couple of garages I have been in contact with can help with repairs if written off and have given estimates of 2 to 3k to repair.

Sounds like some poor driving on the Transit drivers behalf. Best of luck, I hope it comes down to repair for you.

DBB227FF-313C-4C7C-A7EC-50DDA845635C.jpegDBB227FF-313C-4C7C-A7EC-50DDA845635C.jpegShe’s back and all repaired as of yesterday. A couple of issues to sort with the rear door alignment and the pop top not being quite square which she has to go back for. I even found time to fit the colour coded number plate trim and T6.1 lights!

does anyone know the part numbers for the towbar bumper guide and supports by any chance. The bumper sits too high as the supports were removed before I got the van when the towbar was fitted.

which one do you prefer?

View attachment 87154
I'm going to sit on the fence on this question but I will make this observation;
Look at most 2011 model cars / vans on the roads today and I think the majority look a bit dated, some look very dated.
To me the T5.1 looks fantastic, it's styling has aged really well and with a different plate on it many non Transporter owners would never guess its true age.

Hahaha I do love my T5.1 but I’ve done all my tinkering bits now and cleaned her up lovely and for some reason I’m considering selling her to buy another to play with.

Back