Holes Behind The Rear 1/4 Window...

Kev Liddle

Hi all, hope everyone’s keeping well through this mad time...

Just about to start carpeting the metal work in the back, how have folk covered these 3 large holes? Seems to be too big for aluminium tape? Or is there a trim available to cover?

Thanks in advance!

9AE3ACCD-C642-416E-B979-407377285523.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like its a SWB and yes I think there is a trim you can get.
Mine is LWB and had three seperate square holes which I bought trim for. I actually fitted the trim over the carpet, looks OK and is a bit of a feature. Plus I can still get access to the pillar if I need to.
Sure there is a thread with part numbers here somewhere

on my t5 i put duct tape over then foil tape over that then carpet its still ok 4 year later

I did think that method would be ok, and I think I’ll give it a go in all fairness , worst case I can always cut out the carpet and buy the trim later on!

cheers!

It was my van in the pic - if you want me to pull the trims to get the code off the back let me know.

You could always sikaflex a bit of something in to bridge the opening. I remember someone saying to tape over all the holes in the metalwork as dust blew through and marked the (light coloured) carpet.

It was my van in the pic - if you want me to pull the trims to get the code off the back let me know.

You could always sikaflex a bit of something in to bridge the opening. I remember someone saying to tape over all the holes in the metalwork as dust blew through and marked the (light coloured) carpet.
Thanks mate, if you don’t mind that would be great. At least that way I can price them up and either buy or rule them out! I just need the passenger side number. (Driver side has a full height ply panel.)

thanks for your help

I just used some empty coke cans and cut the shapes from them and then taped them over the holes.

Here is a pic of the D pillar trims from my swb, which are handed. They are not going to push on over the top of carpet!!

8E31DF11-64A1-4577-B4BB-223F607A1B69.jpeg

Were you able to find the part number for the LWB? I am tempted to cut some ply to fit as I would like to have access to the holes if i can for cables, the issue would be sorting a fixing kit for it as well.

Were you able to find the part number for the LWB? I am tempted to cut some ply to fit as I would like to have access to the holes if i can for cables, the issue would be sorting a fixing kit for it as well.
Hi Mark, I copied this for the previous thread, hope this helps...

Genuine VW part to clip into the holes in the 'D' pillar of a LWB T5 or T6...

7H3 853 215 Y20 I think the only colour option is Y20 pearl grey but check number and colour when ordering. There are 6 per vehicle i. e. not handed.

I always fit them, could be fitted with a round air vent, I used vents from REIMO but I can't find a part number for you now.

Rod

Hi Mark, I copied this for the previous thread, hope this helps...
That’s a good number, I used them on my van and put them in after the carpet so I could get access to the pillars. There are some photos on my build thread I think it looks OK.

Back