Hobby Swap.....good idea or not??

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Afternoon all.
Had this idea....i enjoy Pheasant Shooting and Sea fishing but (for example) id like to scuba dive...id take someone shooting or fishing and in return they'd take me scuba diving, no money changing hands.
Id put them straight and teach/accompany them and visa versa.
Is there any mileage in this do you think?
There must be 1000s of hobbies and interests.
Im not good at organising forum pages etc so cant say how best to move forward but i thought it was a good idea for someone else to set up.
Could have a basic location, hobby or interest request or offer, on the day requirements etc.
What do you think?
So, shooting season has just about finished but sea fishing starts around May....anyone want to swap ?

Nothing of interest to me there @Dannyb6467 ......but I think that's a really great idea because hobbies are (generally) expensive and not everyone wants to commit hook line and sinker (forgive the unintentional pun) without having a go first. Well done mate and good luck! :thumbsup:

I've heard that Morrisey is an accomplished scuba diver Im sure he could show you the ropes and then you could teach him t.....

On second thoughts thats probably not going to work out.

Ha ha.....you're getting the hang of it.
Mopardave is right though....such a cost to even dip your toe in most hobbies.
Lets see if i can get things moving over the next few weeks.

I think it's a great idea. My only hobby (also my job), is photography, so not sure I could provide anyone with anything. However there's loads of things I'd love to try out. Perhaps if someone wants any proper snazzy shots or drone footage of their van then I could be of service!

I know this is hobby related but what about your jobs?
For example.
Someone needs a tradesman/woman. For a job, then the other person needs their seat covered. Obviously the bigger the job the bigger the van favour. As long as the two are agreed terms, you both sign a piece of paper so no one gets shafted, and they both end up happy.
I’m a carpenter and I’d like a captains passenger seat, so my girlfriend will stop moaning at me
Ps please work.

Russ, I think that would be illegal because you have to pay tax. You can't barter, you have to do such exchanges of cooperation via the use of a depreciating fiat money transaction mechanism. See tax volume 476, 43\3 2.33 1980.

Russ, I think that would be illegal because you have to pay tax. You can't barter, you have to do such exchanges of cooperation via the use of a depreciating fiat money transaction mechanism. See tax volume 476, 43\3 2.33 1980.

What if you used Crypto currency ?

I have heard of businesses, who sponsored each other, not sure if thats what you mean?

You need to bear in mind most of us are “middle Britain” so of course every single tax law going is designed to screw us over. Most of us are probably not multi millionaires who apparently don’t need to pay tax.:mad::devil:

I do my mates favours all the time,I don't know what all the fuss is about:rolleyes:

and if any of my mates on here need to be shown the ropes Kayak fishing or Kayak surfing I would consider it my duty under health and safety grounds to help them :thumbsup:

I know this is hobby related but what about your jobs?
For example.
Someone needs a tradesman/woman. For a job, then the other person needs their seat covered. Obviously the bigger the job the bigger the van favour. As long as the two are agreed terms, you both sign a piece of paper so no one gets shafted, and they both end up happy.
I’m a carpenter and I’d like a captains passenger seat, so my girlfriend will stop moaning at me
Ps please work.

You have just described LETS - a Local Exchange Trading Scheme. Been operating for years and are wonderful things.

what a brilliant idea. Im a Dog Trainer by trade. Willing to help anyone with their pooch. Oh and I know how to hunt, fish, shoot and like a fire by rubbing sticks together. The fashionable term is Bushcraft nowadays but I grew up in the sticks so I just call it camping or scouting or woodsman skills.

Back